Talk

Advanced search

Bible on CD?

(3 Posts)
boogeek Tue 22-Sep-09 20:10:04

I hope this is the right place to put this. My grandmother has a big (90!!) birthday coming up and we would like to get her some of the bible on CD, as she is now blind - the new testament and genesis, probably. I've had a look on amazon but without hearing them it is just very hard to know what would be best - she would hate, for example, an American accent - and my mother is fixated on having "somebody good" reading it (specifically John Gielgud or Martin Jarvis) but given that we don't really have the budget to commission to her preferences I thought I'd ask on here. I've found Laurence Olivier but that appears to be OT not NT. Any ideas or recommendations?

questioneverything Tue 22-Sep-09 20:57:51

oh I know what you mean you have to be really careful.

There are some audio bibles narrated by charlton heston, although they are very expensive and rare.

The best on is Alexander Scourby. He is a english actor, of the shakesperarean background. You can hear him reading the bible on the bible channel on sky, that had 24 hour a day bible reading. He is the best one I have ever heard.

I have a bible CD by some other bloke and he speaks in a really clipped way and its so annoying I can't listen to it.

There are a fair few of them on amazon, also on dvd and mp3. Do a search on his name.

In Jesus

boogeek Thu 24-Sep-09 17:41:50

Oh thank you very much! They sound promising.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now