Talk

Advanced search

Does God die - asks my DD

(5 Posts)
Pinkfluffyslippers Fri 11-Sep-09 16:06:40

Hi
My DD (5) wants to know if God ever dies....because a boy at school said he did. She told the boy that he was wrong.
What' should I say? I know DD is right but wonder if the boy at school was getting muddled up with the crucifixion.

All suggestions welcome.

THanks PFS

MaryBS Sat 12-Sep-09 08:12:09

Wow, a tough question from one so young!

I would say that God doesn't die, but as a special, one time only, he became a man, to teach people about him, so that more people would follow him, and then he died, as a man. But he died to show that death wasn't the end, and came back to life to prove it.

BrokkenHarted Sat 12-Sep-09 10:12:12

I would say that God is like a ring - doesnt start anywhere, doesnt stop anywhere - has always been and will always be.

Thats what we were taught at school.

questioneverything Tue 15-Sep-09 15:13:03

God is the God of the living not the dead.

Nobody ever really dies, the body ceases to work, but the essence of life is the spirit and our spirits are eternal.

Jesus' body was crucified, and indeed his mortal taberancle did assume room temperature. BUT the spirit of God that was his spirit and that was within him never expired, but rose again with a new immortal body that would never see decay or corruption.

At the ressurection we are all once again given bodies that will last for eternity, wherever your desicion in this life takes you.

So God can never die, he is the I AM.

MaryBS Tue 15-Sep-09 17:40:05

I think that might be a bit much for a 5yo to understand though, questioneverything...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now