Talk

Advanced search

Just general happiness at being a mum.

(8 Posts)
PrettyCandles Wed 01-Jun-05 13:18:45

Watching my 2yo dd enjoying her lunch, and eating her orange with such enthusiasm that the juice was dripping off her elbows, and instead of getting bothered about the sticky floor that I would have to wash, I was thinking "Isn't life wonderful - and aren't I lucky."

Just general happiness .

(And I haven't washed the floor yet.)

LottieG Wed 01-Jun-05 13:56:56

Know what you mean PC, sometimes when I watch my dd (12 months) I just want to explode with happiness!

KBear Wed 01-Jun-05 14:25:55

That is so nice - I feel like this too. My DD aged 6 and DS aged 3 had their "big" cousins (13 and 14) over to stay last night - they were all in the garden playing in the wendy house and I could hear them singing and just having a good time. I thought - this is how it should be!

What a nice thread.

handlemecarefully Wed 01-Jun-05 14:26:51

Give me some of that!

(I'd be stressing about the floor)

mancmum Wed 01-Jun-05 14:29:12

I love this thread as sometimes you can forget the huge joy you get from them as you rush around trying to fit life into the day...

my DD is just learning to talk and came up to me yesterday and put up her arms and just said "Big hug" and gave me the most amazing hug ever... could have cried.. and then my DS told me he loves me -- he says it every day and I melt each and every time he does...

kama Wed 01-Jun-05 15:16:38

Message withdrawn

MarsLady Wed 01-Jun-05 15:21:03

that's so funny. I was thinking of posting something like this today.

I keep thinking how blessed I am to have such lovely children and how much I enjoy having them. They make me smile (even though they make me mad sometimes). We can't afford for me to go out to work, but I don't think I'd swap it. (This isn't about working or not, just my sense of happiness and joy). There are so many things that could make me feel down about life, but actually my family bring me joy. I watch the DTs rolling about like puppies or one of the older ones chattering on about something they've done or discovered and my heart wants to burst. It's true, I'm an old soppy one.

Love being a mum and thank God that I am able to be one!

Lizzylou Wed 01-Jun-05 15:21:09

This is lovely!
I am working from home today (yeah..right!) so Ds is at nursery, and today I really miss him loads, I just caught myself touching the yummy screensaver of him and talking to the screen!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now