Talk

Advanced search

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne

(9 Posts)
mumski Tue 01-Sep-09 08:08:37

My DP has the book and the DVD which we have just watched. I'm slightly cynical hmm but interested in trying it as we are both losing our jobs, skint and also feel we want to enrich our lives and not just in a materialistic way.
Has any one tried it at all - short or long term and what did you gain from it. Would love to know.
have also posted on book section

mumski Tue 01-Sep-09 11:06:31

bump bump!

mumski Thu 03-Sep-09 08:06:07

Anyone?

bigboobymama Thu 03-Sep-09 09:07:17

Tried it last year when on holiday. Just finishing book in my last few days so decided to visualise being upgraded. Also told my DS then 11yrs principle and we both visualised..hard. How surprised, how happy, how lucky we wd feel to be offered an upgrade. Can't go into details but I had worked in travel industry for 7 yrs and never been upgraded, but much to my surprise, me and my 2 boys were upgraded on Virgin premium!! hasn't worked since then though, beginners luck maybe??

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Thu 03-Sep-09 09:12:20

I tried it last year when I really wanted a new job. I also did the bit that was 'may this or something better happen for all concerned'. Well, I didn't get the job and got made redundant

BUT

I then found out I was pregnant (a big surprise), worked out my redundancy so I got more money, stayed on long enough at work to be paid maternity and got advice on setting up my business (with DH) with professional help provided by the company that had made me redundant. I also decided to go freelance, something I'd wanted to do but being in a regular income job hadn't had the nerve to do, and that is starting to pick up

So, maybe that was better for all concerned in the end. Still undecided, but am going to try it again, just to see.

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Thu 03-Sep-09 09:13:43

Also meant to say, my baby DS is the best thing ever and has completed our family and I would much rather have him and DD than any job (although the money would be handy smile)

mumski Thu 03-Sep-09 14:08:16

what a great result in every way cat.
Bigbooby I'm starting small by trying to visualise an old friend that I haven't seen for about 3 years and is hopeless at keeping in touch ... and see what happens!
Would love to know if someone uses it on a regular basis with success.

Speckledeggy Fri 04-Sep-09 22:04:48

Interesting

Haven't read The Secret but have read a lot about law of attraction which is basically the same thing. It does work but it's not quite as simple as stating, "I want to win the lottery within 3 months...".

You need to keep a positive mindset and believe that you will get the desired outcome then relax and be patient (that's the hardest bit!). Say for example, you are looking for your perfect house. You write down a list of everything you would like then when you view a house you focus on all the things you liked about it (even if it's not the house you want). Each time you think of the house you want, you think of the houses you have already viewed (it will have a garden like the house in Acacia Avenue, four large bedrooms and a conversatory like the house in the High Street, etc.)

Also, we are all here to learn lessons. Trust that even when things are going wrong as one door closes another one will open. Everything always works out.

Speckledeggy Fri 04-Sep-09 22:11:34

Just read that. Don't know if it made sense. It's a bit difficult to explain but basically if you can feel something that is what you will become (i.e. when I shop in Waitrose I feel richer and that's what I am becoming). Don't laugh. It does work!!!

Good books I've read are:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-Intention-Learning-Co-create-World/dp/1401902162/ref=sr11?i e=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252098394&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Finding-Your-Own-North-Star/dp/07499 24012/ref=sr11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252098441&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Astonishing-Power- Emotions-Feelings-Guide/dp/1401915779/ref=sr17?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252098464&sr=1-7

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now