Talk

Advanced search

Getting ready for priest visit - HELP!

(4 Posts)
Higgledyhouse Fri 21-Aug-09 16:53:57

Hi we are a catholic family. I am preparing my baby son for baptism and have the local priest coming over for tea soon, to meet the family and I imagine to find out about our reasons for wanting son baptised, what it means to us etc etc.

What sort our discussions can I expect, questions to be asked and do I need to prepare? Am worried that we are not 'holy' enough!!!

Help, any advise would be appreciated!

faeriefruitcake Sat 22-Aug-09 18:32:29

get a grip, they'll baptise anyone. bums on seats and all that.

Less cynically I'm sure he'll be lovely and just want to support the family through a new experience

Tommy Sat 22-Aug-09 22:49:52

just be honest smile

AMumInScotland Sun 23-Aug-09 15:36:09

Well, think about why you do want him baptised - it's not about there being right and wrong answers, but the priest will probably want to talk to you about what it means from his/the RC church's point of view, and he'll likely start by finding out what you think it's about, so he has a starting point for the discussion.

What does your faith mean to you? why do you feel it is important for him to be baptised? - just have a think about these things yourself and you'll be as prepared as you need to be.

If your answers are things like "so he can fight off vampires better" or "it's just an excuse for a party", then the priest might worry. Otherwise I'm sure he'll be happy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now