Talk

Advanced search

Is there life after death, will i meet my mum again

(5 Posts)
maidenvoyage Tue 28-Jul-09 20:53:47

I think about this every day and try and find answers but never really find what I am looking for. If I truly knew that there was life after death and that my loved ones (especially my mum who was my best friend) were happy and not in any pain then I think I would find peace in my own life. I believe that this is not it for us, that how we act in this life is how we will be treated in the next and that we will meet our loved ones. Without sounding dramatic I would be quite happy not to live to old age and meet my family again. As long as my two children (16 and 24) were settled and happy then I am not frightened of death in fact sometimes i quite welcome it.

stuckLM Tue 28-Jul-09 22:54:59

its all down to your personnal belief my dad died when i was 16 and so much paranormal stuff has happend i believe that he is with me all the time and that we will be reunited at the end along with other deceased family members. we will all be reunited smile

faeriefruitcake Tue 28-Jul-09 22:59:40

I believe in an after life. When I was grieving for my great gran I went to the Spiritualist Church and it was very comforting.

Notquitegrownup Wed 29-Jul-09 08:55:45

I am a Christian and have always believed in heaven, without being really sure of what it is or involves - I am happy to trust God that it will be nice!

However, I was very surprised after the death of my Grandfather, at just how clearly I could feel his presence near me. It was something I haven't tried to explore or explain - but it confirmed for me, without doubt, that this life is not all that there is - all the more so because it was a very unexpected experience - and a very welcome one.

HTH

Extended Sat 15-Aug-09 11:37:53

I sometimes think it is where and how you die that decides if the people you leave behind will be aware of you watching over them.

"Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,

Just around the corner.

All is well."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now