Talk

Advanced search

Newly Embraced Islam? (or thinking about it!)

(12 Posts)
JuJuMoo Sat 21-May-05 23:41:15

Hi everyone :-)

Are there any peeps who have converted/reverted to Islam like me? I'm English born and bred but took my Shahada (became Muslim) a couple of years ago and would like to find out if there are any others in similar circumstances? I *know* that there are increasing numbers as I keep spotting other "white" ladies in hijab (scarf) as we stand out like a sore thumb! lol! ;-)

Wa Salaam :-)

ChaCha Sun 22-May-05 10:24:39

Hi Jujumoo/Salam,

How are you? Which part of the UK are you from?
Nice to meet you

JuJuMoo Sun 22-May-05 11:23:01

Asalaamulikum :-)

Nice to meet you too :-) I'm from Huddersfield but have family in Manchester. I reverted to Islam a couple of years ago after learning about Islam through my clients (I am a refugee housing support officer.) Now married with a 5 month old son, alhamduillah :-)

What about you?

ChaCha Sun 22-May-05 16:26:32

CAT me if you like. Wa salam

marry Sun 22-May-05 18:14:00

hello, I'm in the thinking about it camp... At the mo i am so worried about the responsibility of bringing up my dd whilst knowing so little about Islam really...

ChaCha Sun 22-May-05 21:25:56

Hi Marry.
I have friends whose husbands are Muslim, some converted to Islam when married and others later in life. There are of course those who did not embrace Islam at all and manage to balance it all considerably well. You know the way of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the middle way - everything in moderation. I'd be really happy to help you with any questions you may have although i have to say - I'm by no means knowledgeable but can share my experiences.

Can I ask how old your DD is?

marry Mon 23-May-05 14:01:48

Thanks ChaCha
DD is only 13 months old so at least she's not asking questions yet! Having a family has made me consider all these issues, and I hardly know any other mums let alone muslim mummies to chat to.

ChaCha Mon 23-May-05 15:17:15

Hi Marry and salam
Have you introduced yourself under another topic? I'm sure you'll meet lots of other mums - I have met a few ladies since joining here a couple of years ago.
Whereabouts in the UK are you Marry? Feel free to chat, you can CAT me if you like too. Hopefully Jujumoo will be back as well

Slink Wed 01-Jun-05 10:05:17

I am a born muslim but not a practicing one. I am now in the process of teaching myself and my dd 4 as she is keen to learn. she knows so much already her Kalma says that everynight,

Halzer Wed 01-Jun-05 11:04:24

Assalamu alaikum all..

I too am a revert. I took my Shahada at 17 when I began dating my now Husband. Im now 28 with 2 children...woah, how time flies[shock.
I am still constantly learing and use this excellent sisters Forum to ask questions.

http://sisters.islamway.com/modules.php?name=Forums

If you cut and paste it to your address bar its really worth checking out.

I would also like to get to know other mums in similar situations.
CAT? Is that like private messaging? If so then feel free.

Wassalam

Halzer Tue 05-Jul-05 00:29:43

Assalamu alaikum..

Just giving this thread a bump and wondering how everybody is doing.

Slink Tue 12-Jul-05 16:00:30

Salaams Hazler how are you??? we remain very quite on these threads.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: