Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christening Presents

(5 Posts)
bronze Tue 14-Jul-09 10:49:07

I'm to Godmother to my nephew and hes being Christened on Sunday.

I want to get him something really special that really means something. Do you think other people would have got a Bible or is that my job as Godmother?
What else could I get that would be appropriate and not tacky.
I am so honoured to have been chosen I want to get this right and start as I mean to go on (not buying presents but getting it right)

(budget is tight)

scienceteacher Tue 14-Jul-09 10:50:30

We always go the Bible route, or prayerbook, Bible encyclopedia...

bronze Tue 14-Jul-09 11:49:04

Ok I was going to get somethign serious (leather bible) and something more fun ('Stories Jesus told' -Buterworth) but the second one is out of stock anywhere so any ideas for something that can used/ played with now?

procrastinatingparent Tue 14-Jul-09 12:04:52

I love 'Stories Jesus Told'! (Have you tried somewhere like your local Wesley Owen bookshop?).

The Bible I like best for little children is The Beginner's Bible, which I think is great up to 5 or so (I prefer the previous version but I don't know how available that is).

A 'proper' Bible is a lovely idea but since they won't appreciate it for a good decade or longer, it wouldn't hurt to buy it later on.

My kids have always loved getting CDs or DVDs of children's Christian music, but that might be a bit ... umm ... enthusiastic for you or your godchild's parents. If you wanted to go down that route, this or this are great(they are all Australian but you can buy them in the UK on those links).

bronze Tue 14-Jul-09 13:47:52

Just phoned the Wesley Owen main number, apparently the books run out everywhere and is set for a reprint (it must be good will get my lot one too)

Ordered a black leather bible as something from me for a keeper present but still looking for something more fun

Not sure about the music I suspect it would drive my brother potty. Wonder if I should send a verra cruz album instead grin

why is this so hard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now