Talk

Advanced search

Prayer thread for summer 2009 - My grace is sufficient

(616 Posts)
DutchOma Thu 18-Jun-09 13:24:40

My grace is sufficient for you 2Cor 12:9
and
When I am weak then I am strong 2Cor 12:10

Reading through last month's prayer request I came across the first text quoted by M44 and it brought the second one to mind.
When I am weak.....when I cry out to the Lord to my sisters to please pray for me, when life is hard....then I am strong.
I counted more than 20 names in last month's prayerlist, more than 30 when I counted the names Dippy had mentioned at the beginning of her update, so I will only mention a few names here.

We pray for Anna and Findlay, where real miracles of the Lord are needed.
For M44's mother-in-law in hospital
For Weegiemum that the Lord may uphold her as only He can. For Marc and Suzanne on their wedding day.
For Boilerwoman that she may take her strength from the Lord.
For Jentlydoesit and her DP that God may bring good into a difficult situation. Giving thanks for the new job.
For Swaliswan and dd2.
For Onlyjoking in this season of remembrances and for the children who are suffering more now than a year ago.
For Clockface with exciting changes to come.

And at this stage, sisters, I call you together to prayer for one another.
You know who you are - beloved of the Lord.

KristinaM Thu 18-Jun-09 14:32:12

Sorry i didnt see there was a new thread blush

Thank you...Findlay (3) is out of high depedency

he is responding well to his siblings and receiving speech therapy and physiotherapy

doctors are waiting for the swelling in his brain to go down before they can do a further assessment

please keep praying for him and his parents, B and K

LovingtheSilverFox Thu 18-Jun-09 14:39:23

Thanks for the update KristinaM, I will continue to uphold him and his family.

The Lord can sometimes speak very loudly. Where we were torn about houses yesterday/this morning, we have just had a call to say the vendors want to start the whole selling process over again (something we didn't want to have to go through), so He has intervened and we are going ahead with the purchase. Thank you for keeping us in mind MNetters.

LovingtheSilverFox Thu 18-Jun-09 14:40:33

Sorry that should be "we are continuing with our original purchase"

LovingtheSilverFox Thu 18-Jun-09 14:42:09

Could we also pray for all the bad feeling that is being banded around at the moment on MN? It is a wonderful forum and has helped me in the past when I have needed support, it would a shame if it ended up being an arm wrestling match everytime someone wants help.

M44 Thu 18-Jun-09 15:07:36

Thank you DO-going to visit m-i-l this afternoon. Things are not looking great-will know more later.

MaryBS Thu 18-Jun-09 17:27:59

Please continue to pray for Peter, that he may be given leave to stay in this country.

And please continue to pray for Susan - bit more info, she is still in hospital, 4 months ago, she was told she had 6 months to live

Perhaps if we add back in ourselves, any people we would like ongoing prayers for, in addition to those already mentioned?

Can I also be selfish and add a prayer for me? I have to do my final presentation on 29 June and I still have a lot of work to do for it. But this is the last piece of work, so the end is in sight. I hope you've all got 31 October in your diaries!

DutchOma Thu 18-Jun-09 17:48:42

I was in a bit of a quandary, Mary, to know who to add and who to leave out. So I picked the ones that I felt could not be left, and trusted that others would add their 'essential' prayer requests. It is a fine line between praying for 'everybody' when you end up praying for 'my auntie's cat who's being castrated tomorrow' and the really important things that play a huge part in people's lives.
Definitely got 31st october in the diary and am praying for your final presentation on 29th June.

MaryBS Thu 18-Jun-09 17:57:49

No, I know, wasn't meant as a criticism, but just a suggestion that we could do it.

Clockface Thu 18-Jun-09 19:42:26

Thank you for the new thread DO! Praying for all.

I'm in shock right now though. There's just been news that a body has been found in the canal near where I live, and it's the body of the brother of my brother's best friend who committed suicide about ten years ago. So his poor parents have lost their two sons. We were all very deply affected by the first death (we were all very close to the young man) and now to hear that his brother has died too - aged 31 - has really shaken me. Please remember his poor parents in your prayers.

DutchOma Thu 18-Jun-09 20:03:22

Oh Lord have mercy. What a terrible thing to have happened. No wonder you are inshock

ilovegrapenuts Thu 18-Jun-09 22:06:40

Thank you for prayers for baby Anna. CaptainDippy - don't know why the decision was made not to turn off her life support - don't know if it was the medics or parents' decision.As far as I know there's been no change in her condition over the last week. I know they are going to do another brain scan soon. It seems we are being given extra time to pray for a miracle...

myjobismum Fri 19-Jun-09 14:48:22

Thanks for new thread DO and the inspiring and touching verses quoted.

Continued prayers for Findlay and Anna and all family of both children.

Clockface - how sad May God be with the grieving and shocked family and friends of this young man right now.

Please continue to pray for DS and his night terrors/daytime behaviour - his school called me in yesterday when I collected him and have said that it is 'beginning to seriously affect his daytime behaviour' and advised me to seek further help on it. After a phonecall with HV this morning (lovely lady, very kind and reassuring) She said that there is nothing that can be done, just be consistent and careful with bedtime routine - continue to be consistent when stopping bad behaviour in the day and keep giving lots of praise when he does good things - all of these things have been done and no good is coming from it yet. The 1-2-3 magic was working so well and we have had a great couple of months behaviour wise - everything is rubbish again now and although the 1-2-3 is working for 'disciplining' as an immediate action, it is not stopping the same thing occuring (generally being whingey, balshy etc - he even bit me earlier sad sad sad sad never even tried that before) Please pray for better sleep and peace in the heart and body of my darling boy - I am at the end of my tether with him yet again and totally fed up! Thanks.

God bless you all.

Clockface Fri 19-Jun-09 16:43:27

MJIM - I'm doing the 123Magic course at the moment! I'm finding it very good. If you want to chat more about it, CAT me. Praying for you and your ds. May God give you patience, peace, grace and good strategies! smile

myjobismum Fri 19-Jun-09 17:13:36

Thanks Clockface, though don't have CAT! We have been doing the 1-2-3 magic for ages (though he has been so good recently it has fallen by the wayside as I generally only get to 'that's 1' and he stops! (though of course if we do get to 3 he does stand by the door for 3 minutes) - We tend not to use the 'start behaviour' strategy so closely, our method is, "DS please <request i.e come inside/eat your dinner>" and if he refuses I say "DS Mummy is going to count to 10 and if you do not <request> before then then you will have to go by the door" ......proceed counting..... generally he does it by 5 (albeit halfheartedly at times) on the occasions he doesnt we do not shout/make a fuss/try and co-erce him, we simply place him by the door and he returns after a few mintues and does what has been asked. Has been working really well, but recently he is very tired and tbh I have become a bit soft on him as I feel really sad for him because of the night terrors and have been trying to keep everything 'nice' for him to try and prevent the terrors - unfortunately it has badly backfired and he is now not listening to me at all!

ZipadiSoozi Fri 19-Jun-09 22:03:21

MJIM - Aw prayers for your poor little man struggling atm

ilovegrapenuts - I join in the miracle prayer for baby 'anna'

Kristina - Fab news about Findlay, continued prayers for his recovery, please keep us posted.

Mary - Prayers for your last shall I say that last word again last assignment winkgrin not long now, 4 months!!!!!!! wow what an achievement. I know its been like being on a roller coaster for you, but you've done it, you have actually done it!!!!! yeahey!!!!!! me thinks I'll have a premature glass of cider for you smile (any excuse)

CD - Hia, how are your dd's sleeping now, any better?

Silverfox - praise God for your decision on the house front! prayers it all now goes smooooooothly for you smile best get started on the decluttering and packing wink

Prayers for you all to have lovely weekends.

Ours is off to a good start, dts and dh camping outside tonight, *SUPERKING SIZE BED ALL TO MYSELF* couldn't shout that any louder, might wake them grin

boing

ZipadiSoozi Fri 19-Jun-09 22:05:37

Whooopsidaisy - Sorry, forgot to thank DO for roundup! thank you Dutchoma, bless you!

CaptainDippy Sat 20-Jun-09 18:37:36

Thank you so much for the new thread DO smile You are a Star! smile

Oh <<<<MJIM>>> Prayers for strength and for DS' healing. Must be so hard for you. xx

Mary- 29th June and 31st Oct both in diary wink Keep going ....

CF sad situation, just awful. Praying for the man's parents sad Surround them with love and support, Lord.

I am shattered, but off to babysit for friends soon ....

LovingtheSilverFox Sat 20-Jun-09 22:19:27

Adding my prayers today for all those mentioned here.

Please pray DTs baptism goes smoothly tomorrow, as have been neglecting preparations due to house ups and downs. Please pray for it, and the godparents who have stepped forward to guide them x

ZipadiSoozi Sat 20-Jun-09 23:13:40

Aw Silverfox - didn't know you had twins, prayers tomorrow goes well!smile (check my piccys of our dts)

CD - Babysitting?????? prayers they all behave well for you! smile

LovingtheSilverFox Sat 20-Jun-09 23:24:40

Thank you Zip. Will put up some photos when things are calmer. (Thinks to self...Will they ever be calmer?!) Your DCs are lovely!

LovingtheSilverFox Sat 20-Jun-09 23:26:47

Oh, and DD will be 3 on 25th, and we haven't got her anything yet. We are going to get her a sandpit once we move (bigger garden) but I should find something for her to open on Thursday. breathe!!

DutchOma Sun 21-Jun-09 08:43:26

Have you got any of the Shirley Hughes books? Dogger is an all time favourite and at three whe will just come into it.
Hope all goes well with the baptism today. Prayers for you and your family and praise to God for His goodness.

myjobismum Sun 21-Jun-09 14:24:25

Prayers for SF's DT's baptism - hope it went/goes smoothly! I second Dogger as a fab book! DS loves books and I love it when people buy them for him as gifts!

CD - hope babysitting went well, I have agreed to have my friends 16month old DD overnight next saturday, DH will be working until 11 too!

DS slowly improving - thank you.

Please pray for N, she has a really high fever and very miserable - temp 39.5 so gave calpol, but 45 mins later still 39.1 so have now given ibroprofen too - DSis trying to rock her to settle and be a bit happier now sad - got mum dad and bro and sisters coming over for big meal this afternoon <tears out hair>

myjobismum Sun 21-Jun-09 18:48:17

Hi all - managed to get N's temp down ok earlier and had a nice afternoon - feeding for bed now and it is spiking again - hopefully will settle with meds and sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now