Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a book to describe your religion to a non religious 4 yo who is asking questions.

(6 Posts)
oneforward20back Tue 09-Jun-09 23:48:34

As a non believer (i lost my faith in my teens) I am struggling to answer my ds' questions with regards to religion. He is asking questions about the different religions and what they believe and why (yep tricky on to answer). Will put my hands up and slept my way through RE at school and have no clue about religions and their beliefs can anyone recommend some good kid friendly books I can tap to help ds in his commendable quest for understanding? All faiths welcome as at his rate of questioning we will probably get through them all.
TIA

oneforward20back Thu 11-Jun-09 22:12:55

shameless bump blush

ANyone please...

MaryBS Fri 12-Jun-09 14:12:48

Hmm... books, difficult to know what to suggest re: books, but this web page may help you:

www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions

MaryBS Fri 12-Jun-09 14:16:50

I don't know if these are any good, I've linked to the Christian book, but below is listed others, like Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Sikh:

www.amazon.co.uk/My-Christian-Faith/dp/0237531739/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244812503&sr=8-1

oneforward20back Sat 13-Jun-09 22:37:00

thanks, that really points me in the right direction. I want to be fair to the faiths when i explain to ds and didn't want ignorance to cloud my explainations. cheers.

MaryBS Sun 14-Jun-09 19:09:57

You're welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now