Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My 4 year old has just said something quite profound !!

(14 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Sun 07-Jun-09 21:20:23

Hi, my daughter is 4 years old. Her great grandma passed away about a month ago and she was very close to her.
I was looking at our wedding pictures with my daughter the other day and she said. "I wasn't there then" and I said "no, you weren't born then" and she said "I know, I was in heaven like Nanny". I then said "was Nanny with you?" and she said "no, she was at her house then".
I thought this was quite profound as we've never talked about before you're born. She's been taught that when you die you go to heaven. It's just strange as she isn't a particulally forward child and dosn't ask many questions.
I was a bit shock and not sure what to make of it.

mummyloveslucy Sun 07-Jun-09 21:43:24

smile

LaineyW Mon 08-Jun-09 15:04:29

Sounds like you've got a bright spark there mummyloveslucy...

Tommy Mon 08-Jun-09 22:22:31

it's sweet smile
my DSs say they were in heavn before they were born - I've never said that to them. I guess they just can't fathom out that they didn't exist at any stage !

FairySparkles Wed 17-Jun-09 16:42:27

If you believe in re-incarnation then heaven is where we spend our time inbetween lives - children are naturally more inclined to remember things like this - try asking her what it was like in heaven?? smile

MaryfromBrum Wed 17-Jun-09 16:51:05

What a lovely child - unusual though to have this grasp of time + space + sequence!

nickschick Wed 17-Jun-09 17:02:25

Mummyloveslucy our ds3 when he was v small was looking with us at some fotos and came across a picture of dhs mum who died 5 years before he was born- we were stunned by what he told us- he was with her before he came to us,he stayed with her watching us until the 'right time' when he would come to us shock,he really knew all about her even down to facial characteristics,he spoke about this very often,until one day he simply said rather sadly 'im not allowed to remember it anymore'.

Nowadays he doesnt remember it at all but at the time it was too far fetched for a little one to make up.

nickschick Wed 17-Jun-09 17:03:51

Ohh yes and on another pic he saw an older lady with a dog - thats alfie he said,I asked dh who is this? he knew it was his gran but didnt know the dog- a quick fonecall to grandad and we discovered the dog was called ......Alfie!!!!

FairySparkles Wed 17-Jun-09 20:32:12

nickschick - that's fascinating! Proves it to me anyway! smile

benfmsmum Wed 17-Jun-09 20:42:51

I feel as though I want to say something about this thread as it has caught my eye but can't think of anything else to say but - wow!! smile

nickschick Wed 17-Jun-09 21:09:27

Its just too odd to not be true isnt it?.

I told a woman I know about this and she was saying that bcos little ones dont have to 'reason' things out they are free to see the world as it is.

HeliumBee Mon 22-Jun-09 22:01:27

Wow - excellent - love this - thanks for sharing - I --am constantly-- sometimes gently question my own children about where they were before they were with me - nothing yet though!!!

KTNoo Sat 27-Jun-09 20:37:19

My 3 year old is talking a lot about these things at the moment - it's fascinating to see her developing. We were looking at old holiday photos today of her older brother and sister. When she asked where she was I told her she wasn't there, it was before she was born. She asked "Was I in your tummy then?" I told her no, she wasn't even in my tummy then. She frowned and after a long pause she asked "Did I just stay at home then?"

So sweet - she just can't imagine the world without her in it!

clairebearx Sat 08-Aug-09 16:47:23

aww...my DS when 3 years old was watching an old cartoon (might have been the clangers i think) when he told me he 'used to watch this with his own kids when he was a 'big mummy'. It stopped me in my tracks ! lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now