fostermum Sun 01-May-05 08:33:58

hope you all have good one

BubblesDeVere Sun 01-May-05 08:40:32

Happy Beltane to you too.

flamesparrow Sun 01-May-05 08:43:23

Happy Beltane to you!

What are all your plans?

fostermum Sun 01-May-05 09:08:06

well was gonna go to the woods an give thanks light a fire burn some incense, now its pouring with rain

Aragon Sun 01-May-05 09:10:16

Many blessings to you all.

expatinscotland Sun 01-May-05 09:17:36

We (DH and I) went to the Beltane Fire Festival last night. It didn't rain, and the celebrations went off with out a hitch. AWESOME!

fostermum Sun 01-May-05 10:21:28

hay cool expatinscotland not many like many people around my unfortunatly

expatinscotland Mon 02-May-05 10:14:46

It was awesome, foster! We won tickets to it. I'd always wanted to go just to see folks doing tricks and dancing around. There were loads of folks dressed in costumes and juggling sticks with flames at their ends, flame throwers, etc.

We want to make it a yearly tradition now.

fostermum Mon 02-May-05 12:34:06

you lucky thing you!i know some one who does fire shows and stilt walking as festies trouble is there so far away i would like to go and camp but not one my own

nailpolish Mon 02-May-05 12:36:05

expat, when i lived in edinburgh i loved the beltane. we lived at the top of easter road, so it was just a case of a wander round the corner

oh lucky you, i think its one of the best nights in edin! did you have ok weather?

fostermum Mon 02-May-05 12:37:41

think we should have more around here if i knew others im sure we could arrange something

expatinscotland Mon 02-May-05 12:38:51

it was lovely weather! fairly warm and dry. we just hopped on the no. 35 bus - no point in trying to drive/get parked up there) and walked.

dh had never been and he's a native of Edinburgh. Deffo something to keep going to. Think DD will love it when she's a bit older, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now