Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a book about sex eduation from a Christian point of view?

(9 Posts)
Scaryfairy Fri 22-Apr-05 12:03:46

The books I have looked at in the shops are written by authors of teen magazines. I would prefer to get my dd aged 9 something written from a Christian perspective?

Any suggestions?

kath4kids Fri 22-Apr-05 17:22:50

it's a while since i read it and i think its ok for teenagers. Just been to see if its on the book case but it must be in a box somewhere from our last move. Any way enough rambling it's called 'And God created sex' it's by Chick Yuill who is a Salvation Army Officer, you may be able to get it through a local Christian bookshop alternitively try Wesley Owen Christian book shop online.

Hope that helps, i'm sure there's others on the market too if you asked in any Christian bookshop i'm sure they will help

How old is your child by the way? my eldest girls are nearly 13 and 11

Gwenick Fri 22-Apr-05 17:29:49

No - but if you're wanting a 'good' Christian based website for adults try themarriagebed

Interesting articles, a section of full body massage for DH's to read, and some of the anonymous questions are just hilarious.

Just a warning it's very 'full on' and despite the fact it IS very bible based they don't mess around with terms and words.

Gwenick Fri 22-Apr-05 17:31:37

Actually just discovered they've added a forum - so someone may be able to help you on that one. Interesting articles on teenage boys and masturbatioin too

ionesmum Fri 22-Apr-05 19:26:18

Parent talk, the family organisation run by Steve Chalke have a book on this. It's called The Parent talk Guide to Your Child and Sex by Steve Chalke and you can get it from www.parentalk.co.uk HTH

toomanypushchairs Fri 22-Apr-05 19:57:47

I was beginning to have this dilema too. A friend leant me a book she bought at Spring Harvest. It was written by Nick Butterworth I think. It was a bit story like, but did go along the lines of 'it's something for marriage'. Bottled it in the end and have left it for a while!

Scaryfairy Fri 22-Apr-05 20:55:35

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll have a look for some of these online or in our Local Faith Mission bookshop.

Kath4kids - my dds are 9 and 7. Someone told me to wait to talk about sex until she starts asking questions - trouble is, she hasn't asked any. She'll be 10 in June so she must be hearing things from other kids at school so I feel I should bite the buleet and introduce the topic myself!!!

kath4kids Fri 22-Apr-05 21:58:06

too right scaryfairy when i was pregnant with ds dd2 was 9. when i complained one eve i was tired she said it was my own fault for having sex. When we picked our jaws up from the floor we thought we ought to find out what she knew and amazingly it was a lot.

Isn't it terrible what the ministers children come out with, mind u glad it was us she said it to and not one of our church folk lol

Scaryfairy Sun 24-Apr-05 17:21:29

kath4kids - haven't been on for a couple of days and have just read your message!! I'm still laughing.

Sounds like I'd better have the chat soon. I'll keep you posted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now