Talk

Advanced search

nam-myoho-renge-kyo. .has this chant worked for anyone?

(8 Posts)
littlestmummystop Mon 23-Feb-09 17:12:44

I've started to get really interested in buddhism and have read about this particular chant ( think it's the SGI school of buddhism)
If you practise it regularly it's supposed to really help you spiritually and through-out your life with v good results.

Has anyone practised this? And discovered good results?

rosiejoy Sat 25-Apr-09 19:33:13

hi, i used to do this chant quite a bit when i was 15, although i didnt really feel like i knew what i was doing.

i heard it from a good friend of mine who felt very inspiring to be around, so from that perspective i would say yes it did seem to have good results!

im glad to have spotted your post, have become interested agin in buddhism and been thinking about chanting on and off for a while- i keep forgetting, but i would like to give this a go though.

would be very interested to hear how it has been for you?

equinox Wed 29-Jul-09 17:31:01

hi there just read your posts.

I just took up nichiren buddhism recently and although I still lapse into my depressive modes sometimes, it is absolutely fantastically life altering and so amazing!

I had one of my local SGI group copy the liturgy on a cd so I can do the extended chant at least once a day I don't do it on a work day as I chant en route in the car but on my days off (I work only 3 days or 2 days weekly) I do it twice a day as it takes 15 mins so a bit of a commitment.

It is GREAT! Second after sex!! Seriously.

Think the whole world should try it the shift in global perspective would be absolutely amazing!! It just fills you up with wellbeing like nothing else. I am a trained reiki master and was simply blown away how quick the results are against reiki healing which I have been doing for 5 years but I would say this particular type of chanting is much quicker route to spiritual wellbeing!

Night

equinox x

boodleboot Sat 22-Aug-09 22:45:35

hi

my friend is firmly entraced with nichiren buddhism and it seems to be working for her very well....

if you are drawn to it, then give it a walnut whirl.....grin

Whitetara Sat 22-Aug-09 23:34:02

I can't say I've heard anything good about SGI. I used to live in Japan and they are considered to be VERY dodgy over there. I also used to have a "friend" who was a member and the organisation seemed to me to be a bit cult like.

southeastastra Sat 22-Aug-09 23:38:48

yes it works

mumofwun Mon 12-Oct-09 22:11:20

my partner has practiced nichiren buddhism for several years now. he was introduced by an ex-girlfriend who subsequently dumped him.

when i met him a few years ago he was jobless and about to become homeless. he is now still jobless, but is living with me and being totally provided for by me.

so yes, i guess you could say it has worked for him. personally it seems more like a cult to me.

littlestmummystop Tue 13-Oct-09 20:31:39

actually I have been trying this for a few months and I definitely think chanting it gives a sense of well being and positivity I never encountered before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now