Talk

Advanced search

why do i feel like going to church?

(17 Posts)
misdee Sun 10-Apr-05 22:24:32

every now and then i get an urge to go to church. i have never been to church (was raised as a JW) but its a really really strong urge to go. but as i usually have a screamign child with me i havent acted upon it. why?

Ameriscot2005 Sun 10-Apr-05 22:26:44

Just do it, Misdee!

Screaming child no problem - Jesus loves the little children, remember!

The first step is the hardest, and it may not work out, but if you find a good church, it could change your life.

misdee Sun 10-Apr-05 22:27:27

i wonder what my pasrents would say

sallystrawberry Sun 10-Apr-05 22:28:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Branster Sun 10-Apr-05 22:30:35

just pop in with the baby when you're out for a walk. it's not like you have to go for a service, just see how it's like. you might not like it after all or you might think it's very special.
depends on the church.

KBear Sun 10-Apr-05 22:31:36

I feel like that sometimes and I'm not particularly religious. I think we're all looking for a bit of "peace" sometimes. I consider my garden to be my church - when I'm pottering around out there in the sunshine I feel peaceful, relaxed and think clearly. Sorry, rambling....

Ameriscot2005 Sun 10-Apr-05 22:32:24

Parents don't need to know. It's called being economical with the truth

misdee Sun 10-Apr-05 22:34:42

i think its the peace i crave.

sallystrawberry Sun 10-Apr-05 22:36:53

KBear Sun 10-Apr-05 22:37:59

I know you are up to your eyeballs misdee but you sound like you need to walk along a beach, by yourself or sit by a river or up a mountain and have a good uninterupted afternoon of PEACE. Do you like near any of these that you could arrange for care for the kids and DH and get some wind in your hair?

sallystrawberry Sun 10-Apr-05 22:38:15

KBear Sun 10-Apr-05 22:38:37

I meant "do you live near any of these?"

LGJ Sun 10-Apr-05 22:38:38

Go

God is waiting for you, he presents in lots of different ways. That sounds really preachy, but I didn't mean it that way.

There are some at my church who are never off their knees.

Then there is my generation, who have a more practical faith. Coffee mornings, etc.

If you only ever drop in,you will be at peace and that is the most important thing.

sallystrawberry Sun 10-Apr-05 22:38:53

Beetroot Sun 10-Apr-05 22:42:12

Message withdrawn

Surfermum Sun 10-Apr-05 22:48:37

Some churches seem to give me a good feeling when I go inside, and our local church has a lovely, warm feeling to it to me. I'm not particularly religious but dh is. Whenever I go to church with him I come out feeling inexplicably calm. If you're getting the urge to go, go.

ionesmum Mon 11-Apr-05 21:14:16

Do go. Hope you find what you're looking for. God bless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now