Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

do you believe things happen for a reason

(10 Posts)
pinkroses Sat 02-Apr-05 06:44:43

Hi. I was out with dh tonight and we happened to start discussing religion and what we both believed, etc.........anyway the next thing two lads came up to us preaching, basically! WIth leaflets and everything.

I was a bit shocked by this, but can't help think it was meant to be telling me something....what do you think?

ps...I am not a religious person at all

gothicmama Sat 02-Apr-05 16:29:57

I belive things happen for a reason or taht coincidences are meant to help us find our way - you yourself will be able to work out what it is telling you or perhaps the answer will be come clear later. Alternatively it could be because teh Pope is dying at teh moment that you r feel like discussing your beliefs

Snugs Sat 02-Apr-05 16:36:47

My thoughts exactly gothicmama - swinging towards the second conclusion on this occasion as it is highly likely to also be the reason the guys were handing out leaflets and preaching.

Cristina7 Sat 02-Apr-05 16:39:09

I don't believe in such things. I'm not religious either.

Papillon Sat 02-Apr-05 19:06:16

You are more likely to get a leaflet from the Christian religion than say Buddhism. Seeing as its the major religion in England.

Hello GM... you lurker you

ionesmum Sat 02-Apr-05 22:42:41

As a Christian I'd say that maybe this was the Holy Spirit nudging you? Not a coincidence, but something that is making you aware of a need. Very often an event such as the death of the Pope (or Princess Diana) makes us re-evaluate our beliefs and priorities and we turn back to the spiritual side of our lives (not always specifically Christian).

Hope you find your way to whatever it is you are seeking.

snafu Sat 02-Apr-05 22:50:24

omg - was lying in bed last night thinking about starting this exact thread. Now that is a coincidence (also proof that I am a sad MN addict who thinks about threads even when trying to sleep)

pinkroses Sun 03-Apr-05 02:23:03

Thanks for your replies...still can't figure out what I should be doing. I believe this is trying to tell me something, but I don't know what. The two lads were telling me basically I was going to hell, but were not trying to make me believe in God. It was so weird!!

ionesmum Sun 03-Apr-05 10:48:17

Ah. Pinkroses, have no idea what religion these lads were but they sound a bit fundamentalist to me.

Why not try saying a prayer for guidance?

saadia Sun 03-Apr-05 11:20:34

I'm not sure if you should read to much into what happened, but more generally I do believe that things happen for a reason, that many things are pre-determined and that we should always try to count and be thankful for our blessings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now