Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dear God, if you exist and I think you do, please help my friend tonight

(107 Posts)
Weeteeny Mon 29-Dec-08 21:32:01

This is diffucult and not something i would ever have seen myself doing, but please can anyone who reads this say a prayer for my friend who is tonight fighting for her life in hospital.
She was admitted 5 days ago with what seemed like a bad flu virus and her condition has worsened and she is not responding to any treatments. Her family are gathered tonight at the hospital.
She is in her late 30s, she and her DH have two DC. We grew up together and i just can't believe this is happening. My mum is with her mum as she cannot face the situation at the hospital. 10 days ago we were all at a Christmas party for all our the children, why is this happening?
I am clutching at straws here I know, but perhaps the power of collective prayer will prevail.

kormaisforlifenotjustchristmas Mon 29-Dec-08 21:33:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

herbietea Mon 29-Dec-08 21:34:54

Message withdrawn

TWINSETinapeartree Mon 29-Dec-08 21:35:42

I will include her in my prayers and also you smile

Weeteeny Mon 29-Dec-08 21:36:26

thank you so much. I feel so unable to help, am praying also.

treedelivery Mon 29-Dec-08 21:38:29

Have prayed.

Trickcyclist Mon 29-Dec-08 21:48:54

Thinking of you and your friend tonight.
Love to you all.

abbierhodes Mon 29-Dec-08 21:50:44

Hoping and praying everything turns out ok for her. xx

wilkosroastingonanopenfire Mon 29-Dec-08 21:55:05

have prayed for you all. wishing her better xx

revjusthatestheIndependent Mon 29-Dec-08 21:56:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Mon 29-Dec-08 21:57:23

have done and please keep us updated x

stillenacht Mon 29-Dec-08 21:57:28

will pray too. Thinking of you all. xxxx

DutchOma Mon 29-Dec-08 22:27:32

Have linked you to the prayer thread. Hope that's ok?

OneDS Mon 29-Dec-08 22:30:33

My thoughts are with you, I will send lots of positive vibes to you, your friend and her family. xx

believer07 Mon 29-Dec-08 22:36:04

me too

Rindercella Mon 29-Dec-08 22:43:14

My thoughts are with your friend. x

HallelujahHeisBorntoMary Tue 30-Dec-08 08:02:47

Praying...

CaptainDippy Tue 30-Dec-08 09:02:24

Praying here too. Please update you when you can. xx

Flihgtattendant Tue 30-Dec-08 09:04:22

I am so sorry
I hope she pulls through sad

morningpaper Tue 30-Dec-08 09:06:55

xxx

lisad123 Tue 30-Dec-08 09:08:49

prayers and thoughts with her and her family and friends. May you all remain strong x

Weeteeny Tue 30-Dec-08 09:22:53

Thank you everyone. I have had no news this morning, which I am taking as good news. My mum ended up staying the night with her mum, and I have been awake all night at home with the children. Today is potentially a big day as last night they finally identified the bacteria/bug (sorry I am not medical) and they are going to give her yet another course of antibiotics tailored to this bug if that is possible and I have got this right. Please God she will respond to these.
I desperate for news but am dreading the phone ringing also.
We are all just so stunned this has happened to a very fit, and healthy person.

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Tue 30-Dec-08 09:24:46

fingers crossed she responds - it sounds a bit positive if they have identified the bacteria - if they know the nature of the beast they are fighting they can at least try the right amo iyswim.

shabster Tue 30-Dec-08 09:26:47

Thinking of you all and sending positive thoughts and hope to your friend. Im glad your Mum has been able to be such a fantastic support to your friends Mum. Your Mum will never know how important a part she has played in just being there xxxx

Weeteeny Tue 30-Dec-08 12:11:11

There has been no change this morning apart from we have been told that there is very slim hope. The family have been advised to prepare the children (aged 14 and 12) for the honest truth about the situation, this is so awful I can hardly type for tears at the thought of this being broken to them. They are such nice kids and don't deserve to lose their lovely mum. I am still praying that this will not happen.
Thank you everyone for your support, I feel so stupid even posting about this and I dont know why I am posting at a time like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now