Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Daily Bible reading notes

(12 Posts)
Waswondering Mon 20-Oct-08 19:52:49

I am looking for new daily notes. I've previously used "Our Daily Bread" (an American one free from church) which I quite liked apart from the blurb about ball games and freeways and stuff that wasn't relevant to my normal life, and the fact that it jumped about a lot, eg Proverbs one day, then Romans the next followed by Judges. Previous to that I enjoyed one by the Good Book Company (iirc) and as a teenager used SU notes.

So.

Any recommendations?

scrappydappydoo Mon 20-Oct-08 20:11:19

If you have a Christian bookshop near you - go and have a browse and see if there are any you like the look of...

Some people in our church use 'The Word for today' which I think may be similar to the one you describe but is british... plus its free here
Other people I know seem to quite like the Jeff Lucas' one here

You can also get daily Bibles which have readings for each day
hth

ja9 Mon 20-Oct-08 22:58:09

I use explore. what i like about them is that they gpo through books of the bible rather than themes. i have been given annual subscription from pil for last 2 yrs - great gift! just reminded me to ask if they would like to do same for me this yr...

DutchOma Tue 21-Oct-08 09:29:29

Yes, we use Lucas on Life, have done for a couple of years, ever since Selwyn Hughes from across the grave became a bit much for us. We had used his notes for years before he died.

beeper Tue 21-Oct-08 14:49:00

Sorry I would stay away from Jeff Lucus, I was once in a church where he spoke and he definatly was not speaking with the spirit of God.

beeper Tue 21-Oct-08 14:51:07

Try Oswald Chambers, online dailys

here

Waswondering Tue 21-Oct-08 19:11:22

Thanks - ja9 - just looked up Explore and I had used those when pg with ds but had forgotten their name!! Thanks - that's really helpful.

smile

CarGirl Tue 21-Oct-08 19:13:29

I have some sent daily by email from ellel ministries, called seeds of the kingdom. they're free and so far I've been very impressed with them.

Waswondering Tue 21-Oct-08 19:14:47

Are they very American CarGirl (nothing against Americans honestly - I just find the cultural/language differences distracting!)

CarGirl Tue 21-Oct-08 19:19:15

No Ellel is English based but has a worldwide ministry here is the link to sign up www.seedsofthekingdom.com

scrappydappydoo Tue 21-Oct-08 20:49:48

That's interesting beeper as he is a highly regarded speaker and a member of the spring harvest management team - was there anything in particular you felt wasn't right? (just wondering)

Yurtgirl Tue 21-Oct-08 20:53:08

I use Explore as well!

I have definately heard jeff lucas speak at spring harvest - I cant picture him though! - has he got 5 kids or is that someone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now