Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

It's Friday Afternoon....welcome to all reluctant worshippers and lurkers....This week's topic Why Sibling and Parent Jealousy is Fine, well at least if you are God

(44 Posts)
revjustabout Fri 03-Oct-08 15:43:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

revjustabout Fri 03-Oct-08 15:45:14

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 03-Oct-08 23:00:49

smile
<whispers> would you like me to pop and put the kettle on for mellow birds after the service?

revjustabout Fri 03-Oct-08 23:04:56

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 03-Oct-08 23:06:13

of course smile will dust the hymn books as well

MadBadandDangeroustoKnow Fri 03-Oct-08 23:49:10

<<lurking enjoyably>>

bythepowerofgreyskull Sat 04-Oct-08 10:38:32

Opens door and puts kettle on - anyone for tea? Coffee?

amber32002 Sat 04-Oct-08 11:01:38

Tea please, milk, no sugar, in a mug if possible as tea in a cup and saucer's a bit of a problem...smile

I'm not sure if this is a tangent or not, but in church services I get more out of the bits for the children than all the other bits put together. Anything with colours, pictures, easy language - SO much easier to understand than all the complicated theology and bits that the adults are supposed to be able to understand. I'd love to see churches do a toddler service for the adults, if you see what I mean. Bean bags, sandpit, colouring crayons. Great fun grin

Clockface Sat 04-Oct-08 17:58:10

Waht a wonderful idea, Amber! "Unless you change and become like little children, you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven..."

What am I jealous of, I wonder? In terms of material things (like being jealous of my friend's huge, beautiful house) I find it really destructive as it makes me so dissafisfied with what I have.

But in terms of personality, I find envy can be a really good catalyst for change in my life. Yesterday I was listening to an amazing christian woman speak about her faith and my response was "Wow, I want to be like that, I want to have those perspectives and priorities..." and I have been more intentionally aware of God's presence since then. Interesting stuff, Rev! smile

revjustabout Sun 05-Oct-08 07:58:52

revjustabout Sun 05-Oct-08 08:24:12

MaryBS Sun 05-Oct-08 09:22:34

My dressing gown is looking a bit tatty as well...

I've come to the conclusion that God doesn't need all this worship, its for our benefit, both in terms of fellowship and community, but to also draw us closer to God. I see him as a benevolent parent patting us on the head as we bring him yet another worship offering.

revjustabout Sun 05-Oct-08 12:03:51

bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 05-Oct-08 20:02:33

congratulations on your fist baptism!

revjustabout Sun 05-Oct-08 20:49:08

MaryBS Mon 06-Oct-08 07:25:16

First baptism - how special! Did you tell them it was your first?

revjustabout Mon 06-Oct-08 09:40:03

MaryBS Mon 06-Oct-08 16:45:08

Well, if the vicar was fine with it - its his responsibility after all!

As for jealousy, I find sometimes that my DH is concerned that because I love God, I don't love him as much, and that if it came to a choice between God and him I'd choose God.

I've tried to show him lots of love so he doesn't feel like that, and that I don't believe God would ask me to choose, so its not going to happen!

revjustabout Mon 06-Oct-08 16:57:51

revjustabout Mon 06-Oct-08 21:49:03

MaryBS Tue 07-Oct-08 08:12:43

Wow Rev, you're famous!

revjustabout Tue 07-Oct-08 09:31:44

MaryBS Tue 07-Oct-08 17:53:43

I haven't started it yet blush. It tastes GOOD though

justaboutstealswinegums Tue 07-Oct-08 21:08:09

MaryBS Tue 07-Oct-08 21:21:55

Aah, but kudos to you for getting a comment on that blog from "the vicar of Baghdad"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now