Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please pray....

(13 Posts)
slapheadsrock Tue 16-Sep-08 16:06:01

I have taken all year to finally bring things into the open (domestic abuse, bad communication, dh pretending still a teenager etc.) and dh and I start marriage counseling this thursday night.
We are not in a good place, but believe that God can do miracles, and will uphold our(?)/my desire to honour our marriage.

Please pray also that dd1,ds &dd2 are not affected too much by the turmoil that is bound to follow.

Thank you.

Notquitegrownup Tue 16-Sep-08 16:11:26

Praying for you SHR, and will on Thursday too.

Have you bumped into the Christian prayer thread yet? We are a very chatty lot, - here Christian prayer thread but I'm sure we would all be happy to pray for you. Are you happy for me to mention you there?

slapheadsrock Wed 17-Sep-08 20:13:50

Sure - the more prayer the better!

livvylouis Thu 18-Sep-08 10:33:42

Praying for you and your family today SHR, you are right God can do miracles!

slapheadsrock Thu 18-Sep-08 19:35:30

He has refused to go and says he did not agree to it.

So we pray some more and wait. I cannot force him to do this.

ummadam Thu 18-Sep-08 21:37:39

praying for you and your family x

notsofarnow Thu 18-Sep-08 22:32:50

oh mary are you sure he was putting you down or trying to protect your family. As someone who has been there in full time ministry its all too easy to get sucked intothe I have to do it. I can remember someone saying to me that in 20yrs time your congregation wont remember tht you put church before your family but your family will.

You can do both family and ministry its just a fine balance. I'm not saying your wrong to feel the way you do, just trying to give it a different perspective.

Hope this doesn't upset you xxx

I have sore throat, feel rough but whatever is on my back hasn't developed into blisters so not sure if its shingles or not but its doing my head in.

MaryBS Fri 19-Sep-08 08:26:38

Think you posted that on the wrong thread NSFN! I'll reply by email

SHR - did you go on your own? So sorry that he is behaving like this. Praying that sense will prevail and that he will realise if he is truly committed to your marriage, it is as an equal partnership, not where one is in subservience to the other.

notsofarnow Fri 19-Sep-08 12:23:50

opps sorry blush

slapheadsrock Fri 19-Sep-08 13:10:30

No. Watched tv until phone rang then got yelled at because i talked to a mate for so long he fell asleep on sofa. blush
Actually was only 1/2 hr.

Feel very depressed. sad

justabouthadcurry Fri 19-Sep-08 13:16:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaryBS Fri 19-Sep-08 16:27:22

Don't let him get you down, its outrageous to shout at you because you were on the phone for 1/2 hour. Is there something bothering him that he's not saying? Does he have a very stressful job and if so, does he take it out on you that he's so tired and stressed? (not that I'm excusing him).

Remember there are people here you can talk to.

citronella Fri 19-Sep-08 16:34:46

Very sorry for you sad. Hope you can get sorted how you want it and in the meantime come on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now