Talk

Advanced search

has anyone been to St Andrew's and St George's in Edinburgh?

(5 Posts)
beansmum Fri 05-Sep-08 10:45:34

Or does anyone know anything about it? I'm looking for a new church, this one is on my list but it would mean getting up very early to get the bus! Should I bother? Any other suggestions would be welcome too.

Weegiemum Fri 05-Sep-08 18:56:26

No sorry. I was a member of St Pauls and St Georges in Edinburgh years ago. St A&G's has a great reputation as a middle of the road, socially involved church of Scotland.

Have you just moved to Edinburgh or are you moving. I lived there for 7 years and have friends in loads of churches there. Would especially recommend (right now, given my theology, recommend P's&G's), St Thomas's Episcopal Church, and Morningside Baptist (only cos a very VERY good friend of mine has just taken over the children's pastor post there and I know she is great - she was the CP of my church in Glasgow until 4 weeks ago!

Weegiemum Fri 05-Sep-08 18:57:43

I mean, right now I would NOT recommend P&Gs - feel bad saying that but they are too formulaic, too knee jerk evangelical.

SaintGeorge Fri 05-Sep-08 19:00:35

No real idea, but with a name like that it can't be bad.

grin

beansmum Sat 06-Sep-08 09:31:35

thanks weegiemum. I've lived in Edinburgh for about 8 years, I'm just trying to find a church that suits me better than the one I'm in now (probably quite similar to P's&G's). St Thomas's and Morningside Baptist are probably a bit tricky to get to, I need somewhere near the bus route (44) or walking distance. I'll give A's&G's a try tomorrow and see if it's worth getting up early for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now