Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet Christian Prayer Thread for late summer

(485 Posts)
DutchOma Sat 23-Aug-08 20:13:52

It's quite amazing how quickly the time goes. Looking back over the past six weeks there is not much that really lights up apart for the birth of Oliver Benjamin on the 1st August to Mr and CaptainCaveman and Tom. Praise God that all medical intervention went well and that Oliver was born safely and is feeding well
We pray for two other expected babies: Myjobismum's which is expected at the beginning of October and Swaliswan's who only just confirmed the pregnancy. Pray that all may go well, bearing in mind her miscarriage in February.

The weather this summer has not been very good and a lot of us have been on holiday and have struggled to a greater or lesser degree:- Soozy, Podmog, Dumbledoresgirl, Amber and Mary (who is still away).
We give thanks that Mary was not seriously hurt after an accident on her bike; also for her church placement in an immigration reception centre. Nearer the time this will need much prayer.

We pray for Weegiemum who suffers with frequent kidney stones and who has the additional difficulties in obtaining adequate pain relief.

We give thanks with Myjobismum for a much better prognosis for the baby of a young friend. Initially it was thought that the baby might have to spend months in hospital, the baby will still need a lot of care but it is now thought that it will be weeks rather than months.
We also pray for Henry,(thanks to StickyJ who flagged this up for us) who has had operations and is still very up and down and for the baby of Mascarpone's friend in New Zealand who is suffering from trigonocephaly.
We pray for two other 'newbies' on the thread: longlegted and livvylouis.
We pray for Amber and Roseylea, Notquitegrownup and Notsofarnow, (prayers for dd, GCSE results and MRI scan results),Jentlydoesit, FAQ, Mufti and PandaG.
We give thanks with Marslady who managed to support the parents of two fatboys and twind, within the space of a week. we have seen real answers to prayer here.
We pray for those who have suffered bereavements: Onlyjoking, Evenstar and MartianBishop and we pray for Mummy2TandF on the coming first anniversary of her dh's death
Last but not least we hold up our own CaptainDippy who is still not in the right place healthwise and who is struggling in other ways as well. Lord, bring someone alongside her to guide her, support her, emotionally and practically and please Lord, make her aware of your loving presence.

We praise God for the ability to pray for one another in the certainty that He hears our prayers and deals with them in His infinite wisdom and compassion.

myjobismum Sat 23-Aug-08 20:31:45

thanks for the round-up and new thread DO - I would like to add continued prayers for you and your husband as he suffers health wise - that you both remain strong throughout - and Praise God on your behalf for his chest pains the other night being nothing to worry about.

May the prayers keep coming and God continue to bless us all.

Weegiemum Sun 24-Aug-08 00:18:21

thanks DO You are great at this.

I am suffering another stone this evenng - if it hassn't passed int morning I am going to A&E. Your ladies earnest prayers have helped immensely!

Thankyou and I am praying as best I can!

DutchOma Sun 24-Aug-08 08:45:02

Sometimes, Weegiemum, you have to accept that you cannot pray and have to rely on the prayers of others. I sincerely hope that you have passed that stone by now. I cannot imagine all the pain you must be going through, without any additional worries.

DutchOma Sun 24-Aug-08 08:53:25

I missed cvq off our prayer list and she is still in such need of our prayers. The one thing to be thankful for is that the relationship between her and her mother has turned a corner after mum came to look after J and cvq when she broke her arm. Talk about blessings in disguise.

CaptainDippy Sun 24-Aug-08 12:30:55

Thank you soooooo much DO smile Great round-up!

How are you today WM?

Love & Prayers to all. xxxx

ZipadiSuzy Sun 24-Aug-08 13:00:03

Thank you DO for round-up!

Prayers for you all on this beautiful sunny Sunday.

Thank you God for our lovely day yesterday at the park with bikes and pic-nic, much needed precious family time.

Continued prayers for my puberty ridden ds1, and patience for myself and dh dealing with it, and prayers it doesn't make a lasting impression on twins precious little lifes, who are also embarking on a new life at school soon!

Thank you lord for my beautiful precious family!

ZipadiSuzy Sun 24-Aug-08 13:00:47

'sniff'

CaptainDippy Sun 24-Aug-08 16:09:42

smile

CaptainCaveman Sun 24-Aug-08 17:20:15

What a lovely round up DO, thank you so much. YOu have a lovely way of wording prayers smile.

When do the dt's start school sooz? Tom starts in January but I'm sure that will just fly by.

Praise God for the lovely family time we had today - we fed the ducks and played frisbee in the park whilst the sun shone and O slept in the pram grin. It was absolutely lovely and energising. I even ran about shock without any trouble so I msut be healing well smile

CaptainDippy Sun 24-Aug-08 18:06:51

Good stuff CC smile Do you mean Tom goes f/t in Jan!!?

JentlyDoesIt Sun 24-Aug-08 19:14:42

Hi all,

Thanks for the round up DO, plenty to concentrate on and beautifully worded.

CC - Go you! I thought I was good, walking round the zoo for 3 hours, 9 days after my section, but frisbee??? it sounds lovely, as does your day in the park Sooz.

WM - hoping stone has passed and you are in less discomfort, must be so painful.

Nothing to report here, life plods on

Swaliswan Sun 24-Aug-08 19:20:24

Thanks for the round-up DO.

Sorry to be selfish, but please continue to pray for my pg worries. I'm still really struggling to feel any peace and feel very distant from the Lord atm. It's horrible because it's such a lonely feeling. I wish that DH were here but he is away filling in for some of the coastguard operations staff who are on strike. I'd appreciate prayers for him as well. He is working nights answering 999 calls and last night had to deal with an incident that culminated in a body being fished out of the water sad Oh, and to top it all, DD refused to eat her dinner tonight and was such a little madam. I could do with a good night's sleep but I'm not convinced that I'm going to get one.....

ZipadiSuzy Sun 24-Aug-08 19:24:59

CC - Wow Frisbee!!!! I havent got that much energy (without having CS) grin

Twins start school 3rd September, straight into full time, although they did have 4 half day visits in July. they are 5 Oct 17th - so not too early for them.

News on baby 'TJ' out of intensive care, praise God, slightly better in health, really don't know what the matter is though! cousin can tube feed him and bath him now so thats sounds really good! and grandparents were allowed to visit today, so continued prayers for baby 'TJ' (Thomas James)

Neighbour of my dmum had heart attack whilst holidaying in Weston super mare, prayers there also please!

Prayers for you all, thanks for all the prayers hmm

Am I having tooooo many prayers? smile

ZipadiSuzy Sun 24-Aug-08 19:28:31

Hia SS, lovely to here from my fellow 'BOING' sorry you don't feel very boingy atm, its hard dealing with dc alone, I remember ds1 for his 1st 2 years I was practically a single mum 6 days aweek! had to make a life of my own without playing the 'waiting for dh' or I'd have gone potty!!!!! prayers for a solution, I know you are newly pregnant, it would be nice to have the physical help and support around you, have you any friends or family around you? xxxxxx

Swaliswan Sun 24-Aug-08 19:51:05

BOING hey Sooz.

All of the people I would tell/get support from went away the day I found out that I'm pg. The friend who I would have loved to tell and would have been very supportive had a mc on monday at 11 weeks sad so clearly I can't tell her yet. I know that it's good every once in a while to only have God there for support but it is so hard right now. My faith has always been so strong despite everything that life has thrown at me. I don't know why I feel so distant from God atm.

Roseylea Sun 24-Aug-08 20:22:03

DO thank you for the round up! And for mentioning me although I have hardly been here for ages. You are a wonderful group of people!

Weegiemum- ow ow ow, that sounds unbearably painful. I shall be praying for you like billy-o.

DutchOma Sun 24-Aug-08 21:15:00

SS, like I said to Weegiemum, there are times when you just have to rely on others praying for you.
God does hear, but when you are under the "shadow of his wing" it is very hard to actually experience Him. Try to rest, snuggle down, in the sure knowledge that, whatever you feel, He is near.
I shall pray for peaceful sleep for you tonight.
Soozy, praying for you and your family and for 'TJ' and his parents that they will all soon be out of the hospital and home.
No you can't have too many prayers, God hears your every cry, be it on your own behalf or on that of loved ones, near and far.

onlyjoking Sun 24-Aug-08 21:54:43

Thankyou all for your continued prayers.

ZipadiSuzy Sun 24-Aug-08 22:08:14

Looks like one of my prayers was too late, god has decided that it was time for dmums neighbour of 40 years, quite a shock to our family, please lord wrap their family up with your love and accept 'Doreen' with open arms! reunited with her dh. Night god bless doreen!

Weegiemum Mon 25-Aug-08 08:41:12

My stone passed ok and I am feeling all chipper and bright today - which means that I will be OK for a few days at least.

Meeting with GP surgery tomorrow about the pain releif.

Swalisan - praying for you about the pg. I had 2 mc before dd1, and another between dd1 and ds. Feel like with three live kids I have broken even! But I know that sense of worry - I don' tthink I ever went to the toilet through any pregnancy without checking the loo roll for blood. Every time!

I can't pray for me right now - out of my faith zone - but can pray for you!

Weegiemum Mon 25-Aug-08 08:45:13

Can we also add in prayers for MummyDoIt whose husband has terminal cancer (see Health topic "Nothing more can be done for DH - or similar).

Sounds like they are having a really tough time right now.

myjobismum Mon 25-Aug-08 11:55:38

continued prayers for all.

totally insignificant prayer needed please ladies smile having friends over for BBQ later and would like prayers for "reasonable" weather - we're not expecting sunshine but to avoid rain and winds would be nice!!!!

God bless all!

DutchOma Mon 25-Aug-08 13:07:59

Yes I wondered about adding Mummydoit into the prayerchain, but didn't in the end.Glad to do so now.
Glad the stone passed and you are free of pain. Good time to go and talk to the surgery, I suppose.
I know what you mean about checking for blood, I did that too and then said to myself:- "You are panicking", in a sort of exasperated tone of voice.

amber32002 Mon 25-Aug-08 13:58:10

Prayers aplenty for everyone mentioned above, as ever. Glad to hear about the stone passing, WM. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now