Talk

Advanced search

Just done my reiki 1 :)

(22 Posts)
JumpingDizzy Fri 22-Aug-08 13:41:30

And it's great! smile I had a lovely day with 2 friends, one master another pupil like me. The energy was amazing.
I can't wait to try it on friends, 2 coming round today for some grin

Who else has done it?

Think I have to wait a few months to do reiki 2?

JumpingDizzy Fri 22-Aug-08 20:58:11

I've done reiki on 3 friends and 1 dog today and had good results so am a happy bunny smile

JumpingDizzy Mon 25-Aug-08 11:09:59

Anyone else done it?

Earthymama Wed 27-Aug-08 08:52:56

Hi i'm really interested in taking up reiki after having had some treatments. How did you do your training?
I've seen some courses on offer but don't know how to assess them.
Any information would be appreciated!
Thanks EM

Surfermum Wed 27-Aug-08 09:17:21

That's great JumpingDizzy! I've done Reiki I too and am hoping to do Reiki II in the next couple of months.

I'm very lucky where I work as there are a couple of Reiki Masters so I get attunements on a regular basis ... and I no longer have to take headache tablets as I get one of them to sort it out!

It's fab isn't it?

Earthymama - where are you?

JumpingDizzy Wed 27-Aug-08 11:44:42

That's great you're interested to earthymama smile

Surfermum, my friend attuned me and I'm going to hers tonight for a reiki share, I can't wait.

I've now treated 6 adults and my son. I did it on my guy last night and he nodded off and was out for the count grin He works nights so it did him good to feel totally rested. He gave me great feedback too.

Earthymama Thu 28-Aug-08 18:47:31

I'm in South Wales near Newport though Cardiff is do-able.

I'm going to make time to look at my books this evening. I need to get a greater understanding.

Lazarou Thu 28-Aug-08 19:01:39

I did level 1 a few years ago and it honestly freaked me out a bit. I may do level 2 at some point when I have time.

Surfermum Fri 29-Aug-08 09:23:11

Oh, not near anyone I know Earthymama. How intuitive are you? You could ask to be guided to the best course for you and go on your gut feeling as to whether it's right for you.

Do you still use it now Lazarou?

So how was it JD? Are you nicely chilled now? I went to a reiki camp earlier in the summer. It was amazing - 2 days of various workshops giving and receiving reiki with some lovely people. I even converted to veggie food for the weekend, even though I'm a hardened carnivore. I was so worried about being hungry (more so than about the no alcohol rule) that I took some pork pies and pepperami to keep in my tent grin. But the food was delicious and my friends laughed at me when I was tucking into a nut roast big style and really enjoying it.

Do you find anything happens to you while you're giving the reiki? I yawn when the energy starts to shift and end up looking a right snotty mess.

Bumperlicious Fri 29-Aug-08 09:30:09

I did it a few years ago too, even though I wasn't sure about it at the time. I'm still not, and haven't done it for a long time.

I can't shake the feeling that the "attunements" were a bit "witch doctor-y" IYKWIM?

Interested to know what other people think though.

Surfermum Fri 29-Aug-08 09:33:34

I know what you mean, but I just get such an amazing feeling when it's being done - like I'm being whooshed up a tunnel or lifted up and floating, and feel so great afterwards.

Lazarou Fri 29-Aug-08 09:41:47

I only use it sometimes on my kids if they have a tummy ache or a headache, or are generally feeling a bit under the weather.

I freaked out because we were using it on one woman and when I closed my eyes an image popped into my head that scared the crap out of me.

Weird the effects it has on people though, some were crying.

JumpingDizzy Fri 29-Aug-08 20:13:18

I'm still at it grin Had my friend and her dh round today for some. I love the expression on the recipients face when they've had it donesmile

Surfermum Tue 02-Sep-08 11:20:04

How's it going? Are you still doing it daily for your 21 days?

I had some lovely angel reiki at work yesterday, it was so lovely and gentle. When she had finished I felt sooooooo tall, it was bizarre.

I'm off to a friend's tonight for a share, so I'll be floating tomorrow grin.

johnbarrowmanlovesme Wed 10-Sep-08 19:45:54

I had it done a little while ago & didn't feel a thing. I had been wanting to go for ages & so was really disappointed. The girl doing it said she had never had it happen to her before,she couldn't explain why. A few friends went to her too & said how great it was

Anyone any idea why it didn't work on me?

sarah293 Thu 11-Sep-08 08:03:20

Message withdrawn

fitnfortyone Fri 17-Oct-08 22:27:22

I've done 1 & 2, not quite got the hang of 2 as I've never been able to confirm if anyone got the remote healings...it helps to have someone "receptive" to try the distance healing on so they can sense it without having to be hands on.
It's great to use on yourself in pregnancy, bit harder to use on your LO in the early days as you're so knackered it kind of dries things up. Works great on friends too, and my DH when he sprains various limbs playing football!
Want to do my practicioner level at some stage...Earthymama, I'm in Newport too!

Earthymama Sun 19-Oct-08 00:36:30

Hi there FNFO, how nice to 'meet' you! Did you do your training locally?

My mum died recently so have been a bit out of it. I was talking today about getting myself together and making productive use of the time I'll have for myself now. My mum wouls want me to do something she was no advocate of sitting round.smile

I'll try to get to those books soon, though house in chaos this week.

Could I use Reiki to help with DP's sadness and low feelings?

fitnfortyone Sun 19-Oct-08 21:33:53

EM, yes, my Reiki master lives near St Woolos so very handy!
It's not really something you can study and do, as you need to be "attuned". Generally you'll get the attunement then the chance to practice on someone else who's doing it at the same time as you, which means you can get feedback then and there that it's working.

I'm sure it would help on some level with your DP, it tends to bring emotions to the surface as you're dealing with the chakras...level 2 in particular deals more with the chakras. I'd also recommend seeing a holistic therapist to see if other treatments may help this (as in, getting to the root cause since much current unease can be the result of something which happened in childhood (or even earlier)).

Earthymama Sat 25-Oct-08 21:31:58

Sorry had new floor put down so been busy.

We had sacro-cranial therapy in Glastonbury earlier in the year and both howled over poor woman who was doing the therapy, one straight after another smile

My mum was very ill and that raises so many issues about childhood, missed opportunities etc that all our emotions were very near the surface.

We've 'shut down' since Mam's death but I'm gradually opening up again. I needed to have the strength to deal with all the practicalities. we will be using All Hallows to realy address how we feel.

I am still reading and investigating; there is a meditation class starting in nearby village soon so I'll give that a try too.

fitnfortyone Mon 27-Oct-08 21:58:32

EM so sorry about your mum, completely missed that line in your earlier post for some reason.
Suggest you write a letter to your mum and burn over pink candle...

amazonianadventure Sun 02-Nov-08 19:59:09

Anyone want to send some to me???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now