Talk

Advanced search

Christening Gift

(11 Posts)
rodg82 Sun 10-Aug-08 21:55:53

Hello, Im looking for ideas for a christening gift for my two month old soon to be god daughter.....
Any ideas? I would like to get something really lovely as i feel so honoured being asked and she's very special to me - her family arent overly religious but extended family are...so really would like something that she can look at over the years and think oh thats my chritening present from...not a bible or anything like that because im sure she'll get things like that from relatives.
Thankyou in advance everyone

Swedes Sun 10-Aug-08 21:57:36

Perhaps a book on Darwin?

notnowbernard Sun 10-Aug-08 21:58:22

Aesop's Fables

Hulababy Sun 10-Aug-08 22:02:17

I was a godparent recently and decided against something "to keep" or something relligious, and went for a Wheely Bug ride on toy. Have to say that my friend was really pleased with it.

pinkspottywellies Sun 10-Aug-08 22:04:14

I got a really pretty jewellery box for my god-daughter. It's not at all babyish but will look lovely in her room now and hopefully as she grows up, and a little silver cross to go in it for the slightly religious element.

TheRealMrsOsborne Sun 10-Aug-08 22:07:29

What about a photo graph of the sunrise of the day she was born?

http://1stsunrisesunset.com/

TheRealMrsOsborne Sun 10-Aug-08 22:08:19

Sorry 1stsunrisesunset.com/

FabioFridgeFluffFrenzy Sun 10-Aug-08 22:08:42

Big posh book of children's stories eg Winnie the Pooh

Charm bracelet.

Porringer.

FabioFridgeFluffFrenzy Sun 10-Aug-08 22:09:27

lol Swedes

mummymarz Tue 30-Sep-08 12:14:17

Hi everyone, I was wondering whether there is a tradition of who should be carrying baby in at the christening? Both my and my husbands moms are alive, but don't want to cause heartache! I feel that, as my husbands's mom carried my daughter's niece into church, it's only right that my mom now gets a chance. But is there any traditions that i am not aware of? Thanks everyone! This is such a special day, just want everyone to be happy!smile

MaryBS Wed 01-Oct-08 20:45:39

I'm not aware of any tradition. I carried my son in. DD was 2 and walked. They were both done together

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now