Talk

Advanced search

Suitable reading for childrens blessing

(7 Posts)
mumwhereareyou Fri 08-Aug-08 08:45:12

We are having our three children blessed at local church (just adopted them) as a way to say thanks. But am stuck on a reading to have can only think of Mark 10 13-16 just wondered if you have any more suitable suggestions.

we are not really church goers and belive the BPs to be catholics thus not having them christened into local CofE church.

TIA

MaryBS Fri 08-Aug-08 16:06:43

What a lovely idea!

How about Psalm 139 vs 1-18 (or just 13-16 if you want something shorter)

Psalm 127 vs 1-4

Galatians 3:26-

MaryBS Fri 08-Aug-08 16:15:27

Oops, somehow pressed enter!

Psalm 139 vs 1-18

Psalm 127, depending on the translation, as some say sons, some say children

Romans 8:14-19

Galatians 3:26-4:7

Ephes 1:3-14

mumwhereareyou Sat 09-Aug-08 07:36:11

Thank you MaryBS i have choosen Galatians as think it is a lovely passage.

Eldest DD7 has choosen the hymn Shine Jesus Shine becuase it is one of her favs at school.

Am so looking forward to as end of a v long journey for them and us.

MaryBS Sat 09-Aug-08 10:33:47

You're welcome . My brother and SIL adopted two gorgeous children last year, and know how long it can take. I think its lovely that you're doing this for them.

My new nieces were baptised last year, and I read the Mark reading at the service.

Shine Jesus Shine is very popular with children, my two like that one too.

Hope you all have a lovely day - will you have a party afterwards?

mumwhereareyou Sat 09-Aug-08 11:38:04

Thanks yes we are having a party afterwards in local village hall have about 50 people coming including childrens Foster Carers that we still see and friends that have suported us these past three years as our middly has big problems and lots of friends just disappeared.

So really party is to celebrate our children and to thank all those that have supported us.

MaryBS Sat 09-Aug-08 17:09:25

3 years! That's some wait! That's awful about your friends, but at least some stuck by you - I know its a cliche, but its when you find out who your true friends are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now