Talk

Advanced search

Christening/baptism present FROM my ds TO his godparents...what do you think?

(9 Posts)
ChampagneSupernova Tue 29-Jul-08 22:45:46

Want to get the godp's something for agreeing to take on the responsibility, possibly engraved?
1 Am I bonkers in doing this?
2 Any ideas??
TIA

SqueakyPop Wed 30-Jul-08 08:32:04

Unnecessary. Christian favours/responsibilities do not have to be 'paid' for.

bamboostalks Wed 30-Jul-08 08:34:50

Unnecessary I think, athough a friend did receive an Emma Bridgewater mug with godmother on. It was a sweet gesture. I have never received or offered.

berolina Wed 30-Jul-08 08:37:17

I am a godmother and my children have 10 godparents between them and we have never done or received this. It is a lovely thought - why not buy/make a nice card and write how pleased you are that hey have agreed to be godparents (but from you, not ds)? I'm sure they will be very touched.

HollyGoHeavily Wed 30-Jul-08 08:37:29

I don't think a present is necessary, it's an honour to be asked. If you wanted to mark the occasion, how about making a card from your DS with some hand prints on thanking them for becoming his godparents?

berolina Wed 30-Jul-08 08:39:46

great minds holly after ds2's baptism, whuich was also ds1's birthday, we sent out thank-you cards to godparents/family/friends with the dses' handprints on.

GooseyLoosey Wed 30-Jul-08 08:40:18

Gosh, I never did, its a nice idea though. Would make it from you rather than your child and would make it quite small.

Anna8888 Wed 30-Jul-08 08:44:01

Totally unnecessary.

Shitehawk Wed 30-Jul-08 08:51:14

It might be unnecessary, and it isn't something which will be expected, but actually I think it would be a lovely idea to give them something to mark the occasion. Whyever shouldn't you, if you want to?

I wouldn't make it anything too big or fancy, but a small token gift would be a lovely idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now