Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet Christian prayer thread for July

(508 Posts)
DutchOma Thu 10-Jul-08 17:06:42

Mumsnet prayer thread for July

Since the last prayer update there have been three bereavements on this thread alone Onlyjoking's Steve, MartianBishop's husband (who had been presented with his MBE just days before his death) and Evenstar's husband who died very suddenly while away from home.
Our prayers are with them. Special prayers for OJ as she battles with difficult relations. Praying that she will be able to get everything done before she goes away on holiday to Lanzarote to scatter Steve's ashes in a place where they have been very happy.

Praying for CaptainCaveman and MyJobismum as they expect their babies. Praying that there may soon be a positive, acceptable offer on CC's house.

Health problems:- CaptainDippy with a persistent cough. Things are not easy for our Dippy at the moment, please, if you can, concentrate your prayers on her and her family for a wee while.

Podmog can be in a hard place from time to time. Things are looking up, but it's going to take time and patience.

Swaliswan will receive treatment for a longstanding problem, but no problems have been discovered after extensive blood tests.

I haven't heard how PandaG's mum is doing after her lung operation.

We also pray for Nicole, Mary's friend who was taken ill with meningitis while in Cyprus. Her life hung by a thread, but over the past few days she has held her own.
Continuing prayers for Mary's friend Marg who suffered three grievous bereavements in a very short time.

We pray for Suzy that she may be delivered from Trojan Horses. Lord what did we do before we had computers?

We pray for Amber, that she may find the right way to communicate .

We pray for Mary in her studies, giving thanks for recent successes. Also for Weegiemum and Weegiedad, who passed exams at the end of the academic year.

We pray for Notsofarnow and FAQ for wisdom in newly developing relationships.

Welcome to newbies bealcain (and her friend), justabout and PurpleLostPrincess. Hoping to hear more from Bottersnike whose dh40 posted to ask for prayers in a very sudden difficult illness, which fortunately resolved itself quickly.
We give thanks for all on the board who pray for us Notquitegrownup who 'flies by', Jentlydoesit (Podglet), Mufti, Roseylea and Astrophe

And we pray for all of us that we may be true servants of the one living God in the care we give to each other in prayer and practical help.

MaryBS Thu 10-Jul-08 18:42:34

Thank you DO - excellent job!

Nicole isn't a friend tho', she's a 16yo schoolgirl from the village where I live.

Also, please remember Andrew Gosden, who is still missing...

And PRAISE GOD! I've talked my mother into coming to my licensing next year! I know its a long way away, but it means she is coming to terms with my being a minister

CaptainDippy Thu 10-Jul-08 18:52:47

Thank you so much DO - for the summary and for your love & prayers smile xx

PillockOfTheCommunity Thu 10-Jul-08 21:01:08

Ladies, I know that if someone is in need of prayer this is a great place to come, so can you take a look at this thread smile

MaryBS Thu 10-Jul-08 21:09:21

Thanks POTC, for letting us know - will pray for CVQ and little J

PillockOfTheCommunity Thu 10-Jul-08 21:12:29

from a more personal point of view, would you keep my family in your thoughts tomorrow afternoon please. It is my Nan's funeral, my dad is not coping too well with it and I'm only just realising that she is gone. And I do very much want to be strong enough to go down and celebrate CaptainDippy's birthday with her this weekend smile

MaryBS Thu 10-Jul-08 21:14:15

Of course! {hugs}

summersun06 Thu 10-Jul-08 21:16:02

Hi all, it would be good for my family to be included in your prayers, its coming up to the first year anniversary on the 13th August of my daughter Layla who died at 11 months old....my daughter Annabelle (10) is going through an awful time with anger issues and anxiety problems, she is lossing loads of hair. For Ella who is Layla's twin sister and for me who is struggling to get through this terrible time. The only thing that kept me going through Layla's short life was my faith but I seem to struggling now...I need some strength in my relationship with the lord. Thank you xx

PeachyBAHons Thu 10-Jul-08 21:16:37

hi

I dont know if you have seen, but there is a thread in health from copingvquietly asking us to pray for her son who has viral meningitis and is very sick. Could we also pray for litt;e A, ds3's 5 year old friend who has cancer please?

thank you. God bless.

mufti Thu 10-Jul-08 21:22:47

thank you DO
praying for j, little a , the potc family, the summersun family
captain dippy birthday this weekend ?! have a fantastic day CD grin

MaryBS Thu 10-Jul-08 21:46:42

Praying for little A, and for you Summersun and your family.

Its sometimes hard to "keep faith" when there's no rhyme or reason for what has happened. Strength is there for you, but you might not feel that way. May God hold you close and ease your hurt. Shout at him if you want, he has broad shoulders. As the others on here know, I have been known to shout in church (although not with anyone listening blush, apart from God). I have learned (I believe) that God would rather you shouted at him than ignored him or walked away from him. Strength too for the pain and stress Annabelle is feeling, and of course, for little Ella {hugs} and God's love to you all...

DutchOma Thu 10-Jul-08 21:47:32

I'm so glad that the new thread has brought out so many new prayer requests.
We pray in full trust that the Lord hears every one of our prayers, however weak and feeble, but when we pray together there is so much more strength to be had for all of us.
Praying for POTC's Dad and all her family as they go to her Nan's funeral.
Praying for Summersun as the anniversary of her daughter's death comes up and praying for Annabelle too.
Lord please hold them all in your care.

Last year at Dippy's birthday we had cake grin

PeachyBAHons Thu 10-Jul-08 22:00:29

Summersun it would be strange if your faith were not challenged at this time. My experiences are nothing on yours but after i had 2 children ( 1 provisionally) diagnosed with autism in 6 months, I lost my faith entirely, but new faith grew slowly, and with extra strength over time. Now it is the thing that gives me strength each day, for a long time it gave me only anger.

God bless you, and may he send you peace. X

Dummymumm Thu 10-Jul-08 22:25:55

God bless you all going through difficult times. I really feel like He reached out to me again today and I am now accepting that the road ahead is long and unpredicable, but when i fall He catches me. My faith is constantly tested but i pray he knows that i still believe deep down even when i am without the strength to show it. I pray for peace to you all x

Xavielli Fri 11-Jul-08 08:07:09

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Dippy

JentlyDoesIt Fri 11-Jul-08 09:28:16

Thank yuou for the update DO. xx

Happy Happy birthday Dippy, hope you are feeling better enough to really enjoy it. Will force myself to eat cake in your honour

Prayers for all the new requests on here, for those struggling with loss and for all those in need of the Lord's comfort.

All going well here. DD seems ok after her jabs yesterday morning. DS is running around like a loon, having eaten his own breakfast and half of mine! PIL coming down tomorrow and we are all meeting at SIL's house (about 200 yds from our own house!) - DS gets a treat of a late night and seeing Grandad!

NorthernLurker Fri 11-Jul-08 10:22:12

Sorry to have been absent so long. I'm back at work now and we moved house and life is very busy. I come on Mumsnet a fair bit but whilst you can dip in and out of other threads really quickly I know I need to pay more attention here and really give iyswim. Anyway I'm here today and I'm going to aim to keep this thread as one of my active ones smile

Prayers for all - especially those who have suffered loss. It's been a bad few weeks for mumsnetters in general I think - there is another lady on the boards whose BIL is dying. So, so hard for them - Lord, put Your arms around all those in grief, let them know Your love.

Dh and I had a bit of an odd expereince the other night. We were walking home from a thing at school with all our girls and just at the entrance to our street a young man in tracksuit etc walked by with his head down but I could see that his face was covered in blood! So I asked him if he was ok and offered him a baby wipe etc (spot the mother of a 1 yr old!) He said he had been 'lamped' by another guy and I could then see he had a cut on his cheek, the beginnings of a cracking black eye and of course a very bloody nose. We said we would ring somebody for him but he said he was in foster care, didn't know their number as his phone had been smashed. He wanted to catch the bus - but we knew one had just gone and so we offered him a lift. He was very vague about where he wanted to go which worried me re had he had a blow to the head? but eventually accepted the offer and dh gave him a lift to where he wanted to go. He didn't want to speak to the police and was a lot more coherent with dh in the car so I'm hoping he is ok. He did also smell of drink a bit which probably contributed to his vagueness at first. It just makes me so sad to know that their are lots and lots of 'lost' children like him, 14 or 15 years old and so vulnerable. Can I ask for prayers of protection for Nick? I hope we did the right thing - but if we meet him again I know we could do more. I wonder if we should have taken him to A&E anyway but he really didn't want to go and I think he would just have walked out. He told dh he was from a travelling family and that that was why this other chap had gone for him sad

DutchOma Fri 11-Jul-08 10:24:20

Dummymumm, another welcome here. The promise of our Lord is that He "will never leave you, nor forsake you". Every blessing

Notquitegrownup Fri 11-Jul-08 10:29:19

Thank you DO, and good morning all.

Summersun - so good to hear from you again. Special thoughts and prayers with you and your lovely daughters at this time.

Special prayers for CVQ and little A and all on this thread.

How is the cough CD? Did you get to the GPs?

God bless all.

MaryBS Fri 11-Jul-08 16:16:39

VERY quick visit, but just wanted to let you know that Nicole has regained consciousness!!!! PRAISE GOD!

DutchOma Fri 11-Jul-08 19:52:56

Oh praise God indeed, what wonderful news.

myjobismum Fri 11-Jul-08 20:08:12

prayers for all who have asked form them - as the Lord says "ask and it shall be given unto you" may we bring out troubles forward in prayer to him so he can take them over for us.

Nice to see so many new people joining us, although some sad circumstances.

Praying for all those who need a strengthening touch from God right now, may we open our hearts to him and allow him to touch us deeper than ever before.

Praise God for his works, for his wonders and for his Son Jesus whom without his blood we could not be saved - Thank you Lord.

quick prayer requests from me please, DS has been having terrible nightmares for the last 3 nights about monsters shouting at him and we are all exhausted - prayers please for peaceful sleep for my darling boy.
Also have had a niggly achey pain in my right calf that although i am convinced is nothing it is not getting better and has been off and on for 3 days now - please pray that is something superficial and nothing more sinister - thanks.

Continued prayers for beanie if you will, that he/she continues to grow and strengthen day by day ready for his/her time to enter this world smile

Swaliswan Sat 12-Jul-08 10:31:39

Morning all.

Sorry that I haven't posted for ages. I keep on lurking and praying for you all but never seem to have the time to type blush Northernlurker I was wondering how you are and was about to ask if anyone knew then I read your post. Welcome and prayers for all of the Newbies.

Please can I ask for continued prayers for painful health problems? Did someone on here say that they used vit c and zinc for continued infections? What strength do I need. Thankfully I've got an appointment to see a complementary therapy consultant on tuesday. I'm desperately trying to avoid surgery. Please pray that this helps and that we can afford enough appointments. Also, prayers of thanks for a wonderful wedding anniversary. We went to a garden party at Buckingham Palace!

Have to go DD is awake.........

CaptainDippy Sat 12-Jul-08 11:28:34

Wow to your Buckingham Palace Garden Party SS shocksmile I am impressed wink - belated Anniversary congrats smile Praying for your health probs sweetie. xx

Lots of requests - which is great smile

<<<<<summersun>>>>> Praying that God would wrap you, Ella, Annabelle and your precious family up at this heart-breakingly difficult time as you remember your darling girl Layla. xx

Praying for your DS3's friend A who has cancer Peachy sad Strengthen him and his family Lord, help him to fight.

Your poor poor DS mjim sad Praying that God would calm his mind and help him to sleep soundly and for your sore calf too. xx

Praying for CVQ's poorly little J sad Heal him Lord. Heal him.

So saddened to hear about encounter with Nick NL sad He sounds so lost. sad Praying he would find a way through the darkness.

gringrin Wonderful news about Nicole Mary!! Praying this recovery would cont ....

Lovely to "see" some new / old faces on here smile dummymumm, summersun, Peachy, POTC et al smile

Happy Birthday Xavielli!!! Hope you have a super day sweetie .....so touched you remembered me too smile

Best go, lots to doooooooooo ........

CaptainDippy Sun 13-Jul-08 08:49:29

Morning ladies - just whizzing by on way to shower before church. Had a fun afternoon yesterday and went to see Prince Caspian in the eveing with DH, which was lovely smile Things still not good between DH & I though, which ruined my B'day a bit sad Keep praying, thank you. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now