Talk

Advanced search

Do any Christians have anything to add.........

(7 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Mon 07-Jul-08 23:00:50

Message withdrawn

greenelizabeth Mon 07-Jul-08 23:04:31

Is that why the NHS only gives Epidurals for first borns?!?!

I didn't get one for DC2 and It hurt like hell.

catok Wed 09-Jul-08 22:02:02

As far as I know, that line in Genesis is the only mention of childbirth in the Bible (waiting for all the other references to be offered here!!)
Would anyone with any intelligence seriously believe that your sins are being totted up through pregnancy so you can suffer a measured amount of pain in chilbirth?
Perhaps it's equated to the measure of pleasure you had in the begetting!!!wink

FAQ Wed 09-Jul-08 22:06:00

well for starters........

who decided that childbirth hurt less the 2nd time around????? Sure didn't work for me lol

DanJARMouse Wed 09-Jul-08 22:09:07

WTF?

Im christian. Had an epidural with DD1, was fantastic. Epidural failed with DD2 and no time to re-site it. Pain was bad, but managed on gas and air, and looking back (rose tinted glasses) it was my favourite birth.
DS was a farking nightmare start to finish, no epidural allowed, gas and air cannisters kept running out and it was pure torture.

3rd babies hurt the most. Fact. (well in my opinion!)

And whats christian got to do with the price of farking chips?

FAQ Wed 09-Jul-08 22:12:19

oh my 3rd birth was FABULOUS.

DS2 was bloody awful -

RichmondMummy Sat 16-Aug-08 21:52:44

Pain in childbirth is NOT punishment for my sins. I'm a Christian and by God's grace, Jesus took the punishment for my sin. So, didn't feel bad about taking pain relief in labour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now