Talk

Advanced search

how can I explain this?

(4 Posts)
helsi Fri 28-Jan-05 23:22:04

A while ago now I was having a bit of a hard time and got upset one night in the bath by myself. I started taklking to myself but actually addressing my late grandad (if you know what I mean) asking him to help me sort things out and help me through. I told him I mised him and needed to know if he was around me (he died over 20 years ago). A couple of nights later I had gone to sleep in the spare room (don't know why) and something woke me up (don't know what). All of a sudden I smelt my grandads tobacco smell really strongly in the room. I didn't look up or anything but I just felt really peaceful and comforted (never felt peace like it before). Do you think it could have been something or just my sub concience being aware of what I had been thinking two days previously? I have not smelt that smell since I was 9 years old but I knew what it was straight away.

Laylasmum Fri 28-Jan-05 23:25:17

don't think theres any real proof on things like this but have heard stories like this before. my cousin died 20 yrs ago in a car crash and the night he died his mum says she was woken as the room was suddenly very hot and there was a bright light by the window - she found out a few hours later that he had died! who knows but if it gave you comfort who cares ?

ionesmum Fri 28-Jan-05 23:51:32

I wouldn't worry about explanations, just be happy that you have been blessed by being comforted when you needed to be.

munnzieb Fri 28-Jan-05 23:56:08

It's prob just he knew you were stressed and was there to tell you not to worry. I have similar occurances, don't stress out about it, just take it as it comes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now