I got on the rostrum last night at my spiritualist's church

(12 Posts)
juniperdewdrop Wed 25-Jun-08 10:47:58

And it went really well smile I got so much evidence through and the link was amazing.
It was our development night and we were practising mediumship so each of us had to get up. I've done it before a few times and am quite hit and miss. I'm much better with psychic work. But last night was greatgrin The recipient said it was all spot on even down to small details.
We ended the night with a circle and I got a guy's mum through and gave him good proof too. Not that any of us need proof really as we all go because we believe but it's wonderful for us to get messages from our loved oned all the same.

Doodle2U Wed 25-Jun-08 18:59:55

Good for you.

What would you do if a message came through telling you there was a million quid buried at the back of Asda? Would you tell the recipient?

Doodle2U Wed 25-Jun-08 20:36:08

Actually, my post sounds a bit arsey and I didn't mean it to be. I was trying to say, if a valuable piece of info came through, or even a really harsh or upsetting thing - what would you do?

Surfermum Thu 26-Jun-08 12:07:15

Well done you! It's a great feeling isn't it?

I went to an "open mike" night the other week at our local church, vowing to just see what went on rather than get up on the platform. However I got a message so loud and clear that I had to ..... then I chickened out as I thought I'd forgotten the name I was given, and bang there it was again! So up I went and it turned out it was for the lady running the evening.

juniperdewdrop Thu 26-Jun-08 19:03:36

Doodle, you have to be careful what you say just as you would in real life. We're here to try to prove life goes on, so getting good evidence of that is the aim not fortune telling. You can't diagnose from the rostrum and you need to use tact. The best way is to be able to describe a loved one in spirit including their personalitly and the relationship to the sitter.

Doodle2U Fri 27-Jun-08 18:02:53

Oh, thanks for replying.

When did you know you could receive messages? Is it something that happened in childhood? How does a child deal with it if they do receive information?

<Places spot light on juniperdewdrop & Surfermum> wink

Just wondering.

Flamesparrow Fri 27-Jun-08 18:56:09

<crashes.... surfer, did you ever do my cards? i don't remember what i asked now blush>

Surfermum Tue 01-Jul-08 19:59:40

I was told Doodle2u at a reading I had - although didn't believe it until I was put on the spot by a lovely lady at MIL's church. I realise now I've always been very intuitive, but I can't remember ever having any experiences or abilities as a child.

Flamey you about? I'm gonna do your cards tonight.

fransmom Thu 03-Jul-08 18:19:23

smile

Leolass Sat 12-Mar-16 06:28:38

I'm on the Rostrum tonight anyone got any tips for me please? I've done private readings now and then but don't want to give personal stuff out over the rostrum. Will spirit know not to give me just evidence of the afterlife tonight? I do hope so

Leolass Sat 12-Mar-16 06:31:01

Obviously I meant to say will spirit only give me evidence of the afterlife tonight on the rostrum

headinhands Sun 13-Mar-16 09:11:33

Seems like you need a crash course in cold reading. You'll appear a lot more accurate if you use basic psychology than waiting for spirits to tell you things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now