Talk

Advanced search

Summer MeetUp For MN Christians

(142 Posts)
Roseylea Wed 23-Apr-08 09:48:11

I am hoping to organise a summer meet up for christians on MN - last year we had a fabulous day in Oxford organised by NotQuiteGrownUp. We are thinking of July or possibly the end of June, and the venue is going to be in the West Herts area, which is reasonably easily accessible from the M25 and M1. (If you google-map somewhere like Hemel Hempstead, St Albans or Watford, that'll give you a rough idea of the area!)

We will make sure that there are lots of things for the dc to do, and lots of tea and chat for the mums! The day could include a short service, or informal prayer time...I'm trying to think of how it will work best, so if you have any flashes of inspiration please let me know! The food and drink for the day will be provided and if we all pay a little bit towards it, it won't be that much. Partners are very very welcome too!

It would be lovely to see as many MNers there as poss! If you'd like to come, please c+p to sign in here. If you could put your dcs' ages and any food requirements, that'd help with planning. I'll start the ball rolling:

Roseylea + poss Mr Roseylea, with 2 dc (aged 4 and 5, allergic to wheat, egg, soy and nuts)

FAQ Wed 23-Apr-08 09:51:24

FAQ possibly plus (possibly depending on whether H has them that day) DS's 7,4 and 1

Podmog Wed 23-Apr-08 10:07:20

Message withdrawn

Notquitegrownup Wed 23-Apr-08 11:33:47

Thanks Rosey. End of June/beginning of July sounds great! So that's

Notquitegrownup (probably without dh/dcs)

Roseylea + poss Mr Roseylea, with 2 dc (aged 4 and 5, allergic to wheat, egg, soy and nuts)

FAQ possibly plus (possibly depending on whether H has them that day) DS's 7,4 and 1

Podmog and Mr.Podmog and 4 children (10,7,3,1 also with allergies- egg and nut)

I thought that I might organise a game of rounders/help look after any the kiddies, if I leave mine at home, so that we can all get to chat. Also happy to bring along a cake, or quiche or whatever.

podglet Wed 23-Apr-08 11:45:54

I shall put my name down but not sure about transport...

Podglet (but not DP) plus 2 DC's (1 1/2 and 2 months!)

I can do puds or biscuits or muffins (just call me Nigella)

Podmog Wed 23-Apr-08 12:43:39

Message withdrawn

DutchOma Wed 23-Apr-08 13:18:10

I would love to come again, no kiddies, just me, I don't even think I can inveigle Bob to come. End of June beginning July would be fab. Gladly bring cake.

Notquitegrownup Wed 23-Apr-08 13:46:34

Oooh, I remember DO's cakes from last year. Mmmmmmmmmm

MaryBS Wed 23-Apr-08 14:50:55

DO
MaryBS +2 (8 and 6), possibly DH as well

podglet Wed 23-Apr-08 15:54:23

Am I not allowed to come then Mary??? You've missed me off the list!

CarGirl Wed 23-Apr-08 15:58:35

I shall try and come again

with dds 6, 4, 4 (I'll try and leave the 11 yo at home)

MaryBS Wed 23-Apr-08 16:05:47

Sorry Nigella, I got interrupted, mid cut/paste! blush

DO
Cargirl with dds 6, 4, 4 (I'll try and leave the 11 yo at home)

podglet Wed 23-Apr-08 16:06:50

No worries and at Nigella, I am a domestic goddess you know...

CarGirl Wed 23-Apr-08 16:08:32

I made a mistake in the summer mine will turn

6,5 & 3 (so I don't have twins!)

Notquitegrownup Wed 23-Apr-08 19:30:05

lol Cargirl. I love it when other people forget their children's names/ages etc. Makes me feel less dotty

So that is:

DO and cake
Cargirl with dds 6, 5, 3 (I'll try and leave the 11 yo at home)

CaptainDippy Wed 23-Apr-08 19:41:57

DO and cake
CaptainDippy & Mr Dippy, 3 DD's (4, 3 &1) smile

CarGirl Thu 24-Apr-08 16:24:56

Captain Dippy now that my youngest is approaching 3 (in august) can I just let you now that having 3 in 3 years is suddenly much easier all around, I am far less stressed than when we last met up!

CaptainDippy Thu 24-Apr-08 19:45:04

Thank you Cargirl smile xx

Roseylea Fri 25-Apr-08 13:56:18

Okay now...I have an option for a venue. It is a great place, easy to find, very big grounds, lots to do etc etc. The only thing is we could not cater for ourselves - we'd be fed by the staff there. The cost per adult is £21.75 which includes two meals, tea, coffee, biscuits etc, and they do cater for special diets. For children over 5 the cost is £10 and for under 5s it is free. What do you think? Is it too expensive? I'm happy to keep looking if so, but if we can afford it it might be nice to be looked after for the day! Coud we have a (virtual) show of hands please? smile

ZipadiSuzy Fri 25-Apr-08 15:47:23

When there is a definite venue, I will look up suitable campsites, then I may be able to come! smile

MaryBS Fri 25-Apr-08 16:24:34

Ooo, its a little pricey, but as that will be the only cost, then thank you, if everyone else is in agreement, we'll come (altho. prob not DH)

CarGirl Fri 25-Apr-08 16:35:55

I think that would be okay although dd3 will only be 4 when we meet not 5 btw. Somewhere a little cheaper would be better. What sort of things do they have to do (could well sway the show of hands?)

CaptainDippy Fri 25-Apr-08 18:08:44

Don't think we would be able to afford that sad It is good we wouldn't have to pay for DD's; but it would be nearly £45 for DH & I plus petrol and would still need to find somewhere to stay.

CaptainCaveman Fri 25-Apr-08 21:21:39

Hooray! I can play too. I will prob get the train down if I'm too tired to drive. Happy to go where ever the majority agree.

DO and cake
CaptainDippy & Mr Dippy, 3 DD's (4, 3 &1)
CaptainCaveman (but not Mr Caveman), ds (4) and bump (8 months!) grin

Weegiemum Sat 26-Apr-08 03:21:30

resurfacing on mn, after my mother once again tracked me down and drove me off ....

its harrisey here, hiding in new form.

I am going to be in bedfordshire in the first part of the first week in July to visit family there, so I might be able to come .....

nice to 'see' you ladies again,

but am going to be a bit circumspect in regular posting as total nutter of a mother has made things hard for me recently ......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now