Talk

Advanced search

I never post in this section .. But DS (3) had a dream...

(4 Posts)
TheHollyAndTheTwiglett Tue 21-Dec-04 13:15:48

and it freaked me out

I don't actually believe in dreams predicting the future per se .. but can't shake this one

he's 3 and 3/4 and came into our bed crying at 7am

seems he was very upset because in his dream I was crying, and wouldn't/couldn't stop because his baby sister (7 months) wasn't there .. that evolved into been taken away .. which evolved into taken away by giants

tell me I'm being stupid

anorak Tue 21-Dec-04 13:50:17

Last night I woke up screaming because in my dream my dh had packed his bags and was leaving me. I am quite insecure and dream this now and again, but I don't think it means he will do it. I think it's just an expression of a deep-seated worry of mine.

DS may have heard a story along the lines of his dream, saw something on TV or whatever, and it has led to a worry that this is something that really might happen.

If our dreams really did come true, then why don't I live in a huge mansion with a swimming pool and why aren't I married to Mel Gibson? I dream such things.

But I do understand how it upsets you. My dreams can often make me feel strange for hours afterwards as they are vivid and seem very realistic.

Snugs Wed 22-Dec-04 22:29:43

I have tried my hand at dream interpretation before with some success so here’s my bash at it –

I would say it sounds more like a simple insecurity on your DS’s part.

A 7mth old baby is bound to get more attention than a 3 3/4 yr old. It can be difficult for one so young to realise that it is a necessity that the baby get attention – to him it can seem like you don’t need him around any more. In his dream, you are crying because you have lost your baby – a position not so long ago that he held.
And, (I’m guessing here), other adults are quite possibly referring to the baby a lot when they speak to you about the coming festivities – baby’s first Christmas and all – so that will just be emphasising to him that the baby is more important.

Not trying to say he is jealous or anything, just simply that he may be feeling a little sorry for himself – a perfectly natural reaction (especially for a male )

pixiefish Wed 22-Dec-04 22:34:02

snugs- thats a lovely reassurance for twig

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now