Talk

Advanced search

Reiki, Buddhisim, Taoisim,& related subjects

(10 Posts)
AZmom Mon 03-Sep-07 18:18:55

I am new to mumsnet, I am in the U.S.This looks like an interesting board, there are not very many women on the Google boards (in the U.S.)that are interested in serious thoughts about the above subjects.Google was the only board I have ever posted to.Hope to meet some ladies here that are interested in exchanging thoughts about any philosophy.I am a gramma, of 3 & a great gramma of 5, I started young

fransmom Mon 03-Sep-07 21:49:35

hi azmom! i have been on mn (mumsnet) for nearly erm, hold on a secblush

fransmom Mon 03-Sep-07 21:50:26

...grin for nearly two years this october. gawd the time has flown by. hows you? smile fm x

AZmom Mon 03-Sep-07 22:21:55

Hi your self
Google turned me on to this board.I hope I can be of some help somewhere.& learn new things.I already screwed up on one post.I`ll try to remember things are not always the same here & there.I am Scots-English.How are you doing?Or what are you doing? I`m nosey, but interested in people.Bye

AZmom Mon 03-Sep-07 22:23:36

Hi your self
Google turned me on to this board.I hope I can be of some help somewhere.& learn new things.I already screwed up on one post.I`ll try to remember things are not always the same here & there.I am Scots-English.How are you doing?Or what are you doing? I`m nosey, but interested in people.Bye

fransmom Mon 03-Sep-07 22:23:54

i'm off to bed now as am shattered grin dd was up at stupid o'clock (really early)today grin nite x will try and post more tomorrow smile

AZmom Tue 04-Sep-07 21:25:03

I don`t understand some of the abbreviations
used,dd,ds,erm....Did you sleep well?it is Monday,1:30 PM here.I am having trouble trying to keep the time straightI did not
want to pay 5 lbs. to have the CAT ability, That is $10.00 plus, here.The Google boards are free,have you ever gone to Google?I met a man there on Buddhisim, he was in London.We wrote a few times back & forth, not on the boards.Google has the option to
write privately.I don`t mind if someone writes me at home.I live in a town of about 300 people,& I am not a very social creature.No close friends to talk to.

AZmom Tue 04-Sep-07 21:26:22

I don`t understand some of the abbreviations
used,dd,ds,erm....Did you sleep well?it is Monday,1:30 PM here.I am having trouble trying to keep the time straightI did not
want to pay 5 lbs. to have the CAT ability, That is $10.00 plus, here.The Google boards are free,have you ever gone to Google?I met a man there on Buddhisim, he was in London.We wrote a few times back & forth, not on the boards.Google has the option to
write privately.I don`t mind if someone writes me at home.I live in a town of about 300 people,& I am not a very social creature.No close friends to talk to.

EmsMum Tue 04-Sep-07 21:41:21

Theres supposed to be a link to common abbreviations under the 'Getting Started' section somewhere, but it doesnt seem to be working at the moment. DD is 'dear daughter', Ds is 'dear son'

I like '5 lbs' for want of a £ key on US keyboard!

From what I've seen here, you probably need to post with some particular question/issue to grab people's attention to get a debate going. If you don't get what you need here, I used to find some good debates on religion (and parenting and all sorts) on iVillage... don't have any links to where their boards are but might be worth looking at too.

AZmom Tue 04-Sep-07 22:57:06

My key board doesn`t have the symbol for lbs.I had a had time finding out what 5 lbs. was in dollars.Finally, somewhere told me it was ten dollars, plus a little.The boards here don`t charge, but advertise a lot,$10.00 is not just change here.Is 5 lbs. a pretty good spot there?So many differences

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now