Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can someone please explain medals from lourdes

(5 Posts)
cookiesandcream Wed 15-Aug-07 00:51:56

A catholic friend has given my family some with instructions to pray to our lady when we want something?......I'm not catholic so a little bewilded but touched.

Tinker Wed 15-Aug-07 00:57:41

Lourdes is a shrine in France. St Bernadette had visions of Our Lady (Mary)(allegedly). Pilgrims visit there and there are claims of miraculous healings of the sick

MaryBS Wed 15-Aug-07 03:03:28

And you do don't pray to our lady as such, you ask her to intercede (or pray to God) on your behalf.

The example that was given to me when growing up was that Mary asked Jesus to do something about the lack of wine at the wedding feat at Cana, and he obeyed his mother, even though, as he said "it wasn't time" for him to start his ministry.

lulalullabye Wed 15-Aug-07 07:22:35

If you have a medal with our lady on with stars around her head, this is called a 'miraculous medal'. These medals are known to protect the wearer,ie, plane crash, only person to survive was wearing one.

Tinker Wed 15-Aug-07 14:41:47

"These medals are known to protect the wearer,ie, plane crash, only person to survive was wearing one."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now