Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nightmares - why?

(6 Posts)
whoopsfelloffaroundabout Tue 07-Aug-07 15:31:30

I have never been one to remember dreams but in the last week or so I have been having nightmares one night to the point of physically grabbing dh in my sleep. They have all been about bad things happening to my children but not always both of them are in them.

whoops Tue 07-Aug-07 20:09:59

bump

loopylou6 Wed 15-Aug-07 15:04:05

i wouldnt think its anymore than normal parental worry affecting u in your sleep, dont worry about it being premonitions or anything like that, have any of your children hurt themselves recentlky?

saffymum Wed 15-Aug-07 15:12:30

Its probably your subconcious worrying about something, try and write the dreams down when you wake up and analyse what you think the things could be. Is it the same thing each time, a specific thing happening to a particular child, what are you doing in the dream.

Don't eat any meat or cheese before bed too as I find this makes my dreams worse.

Also, you can control your dreams by waking yourself up. I have terrible dreams that are so real and I just stop in the dream and look around and realise that its time to wake up.

loopylou6 Wed 15-Aug-07 15:36:05

i do that to saffy, its great isnt it

startouchedtrinity Wed 15-Aug-07 20:31:38

Could you be worried about something, perhaps your dcs going back to school? Or is there change in the air - maybe a house move?

Could just be exhaustion - I get bad dreams when I've overdone it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now