Talk

Advanced search

Ds hears a child in his room in the middle of the night.......................

(13 Posts)
DrNortherner Fri 13-Jul-07 13:18:46

My ds is 5. We've lived in this house for 2 years nerly. It is 100 years old.

A few months ago ds has started waking at about 2/3am in teh morning, SCREAMING for Mummy. When i go in he is under his covers curled up in a ball. I just put it down to bad dream, and he comes to our bed and goes back to sleep.

It happenned last night, though this time he was hysterical and said someone touched him and that a another boy was copying him. This freaked me out a little and tbh sent a chill down my spine.

I mentioned it again this morning to see if his story changed. Again he said someone touched him, and there was a boy there copying him and shouting MUMMY after he did.

Whatdo you make of this? Bad dream or something else?

LilyLoo Fri 13-Jul-07 13:20:27

mm a little wierd, would freak me out a bit i think.

Wisteria Fri 13-Jul-07 13:20:33

ear infection? sometimes makes them disorientated and can sound echoey in their heads.
On the other hand it may be something else but I really doubt it, who's been telling stories at school?

DrNortherner Fri 13-Jul-07 13:23:13

Hmm ear infection could explain it. He had ear problems when younger and had grommets in. Just lately has been complaining water in ears hurt in teh bath......hmm.

Wisteria Fri 13-Jul-07 13:25:48

My friend's son had grommets and countless problems with his ears and used to go on about someone copying him - just rang a bell. He's ok now x

suezee Fri 13-Jul-07 13:26:18

just take him to docs......if no explanation there then y not ask the local priest to come and bless the house

Wisteria Fri 13-Jul-07 13:27:28

more likely to be an overactive imagination!

ShinyHarryPplHoldingPortkeys Fri 27-Jul-07 13:31:31

Not the same I guess.. but my DS (age 15) see a boy who he thinks is HIM swimming past him at the pool. He mimics everything DS is doing but always overtakes him. When DS looks properly he isn't actually there. I have posted about it on here before. People suggest that DS asks it not to happen before he swims and it happens less often now. But still sometimes. And it doesn't freak him out anymore.

(Note: DS is very well balanced, intelligent practical lad who is not given to these type of visions at all!)

It's hard to say whether your DS is imagining this or not from the description. Many children his age are "still" psychic, naturally.

strawberry Fri 27-Jul-07 13:46:17

Night terrors? Some children do remember the next day.

Also my ds1 also 5yo has just had one of grommets removed because it had got stuck and was causing pain...HTH

mimi03 Thu 16-Aug-07 20:55:47

if you do beleive it could be something spooky, then this is what i would do; next time he comes in crying, go back to his room, turn on the light and tell the 'ghost' little boy to stop playing around, its bedtime. ask him nicely to go away. use a firm voice. i kno this sounds crazy but people swear it works. its obviously very real as far as your son is concerned and he may be comforted and reasurred that you told the other'boy' to go away. tell your son the other boy just wants to play, not scare him.

Desiderata Thu 16-Aug-07 21:03:15

Well, here's a tale, and it was told directly to me, and not by word of mouth.

The H&S boss at a place I used to work at, had a daughter of six. They lived in a two hundred year old house.

The daughter started waking in the night, and talking to someone. The parents would go in, and ask if everything was OK.

Their little girl said, 'yes, but my friend's hurt her head.'

This went on for weeks, until eventually they decided to check out the history of the house. It turned out that in the 1860s a seven year old girl had died in the bedroom from falling off a chair and hitting her head on the stone-flagged fireplace, (still a feature in the room).

Hugely practical people though they were, they had the room exorcised, and the problem went away.

Weird, I know, I know, but children of this age are hugely susceptible. It might be worth checking some history out.

Kathyis6incheshigh Thu 16-Aug-07 21:16:47

Desi I would love to know how they found out so many details of the accident, and that it had actually happened in the same room. Newspaper reports of that date would be unlikely to go enough detail to actually identify the room.

Desiderata Thu 16-Aug-07 21:37:29

It was in the parish records, and the local history group also had details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now