Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

It seems dd1 is telepathic

(25 Posts)
melsy Sat 23-Jun-07 22:50:45

She seems to be answering or responding to things in dh's head and mine. I shoudnt be surprised really , as I have some new physchic abilties growing , but hers seems to have popped up at the same time. Its sort of exciting but also thrown me a bit, my stomach flips when thinking about it.

My NON believing dh experenced it on the M25 as he was thnking about something totally random to our conversation, she suddenly responded with related a question , seemingly out of the blue which was exactly what he had been thinking about there and then.

Its happened now several times in the last 2 weeks.

mylastrolo Sat 23-Jun-07 22:54:17

what age is your d/d?

melsy Sat 23-Jun-07 22:55:18

shes 4 in Sept

WigWamBam Sat 23-Jun-07 22:57:01

I used to do this with my dad when I was little; we would hold complete conversations in our heads, then freak my mother out by starting to speak half way through the conversation so she hadn't got a clue what was going on.

Children are often very psychic when they are young, but seem to outgrow it as they get older. If you are that way inclined yourself, perhaps she will keep her abilities for longer than most people do.

I'm sure someone will be along with some ideas of how to work with this, if that's what you want to do.

mylastrolo Sat 23-Jun-07 23:00:13

this is very interesting my d/d is hyper sensitive and picks up on alot of stuff but not to this extent. I think it can only be a positive thing i have no answers unfortunatley good luck.

southeastastra Sat 23-Jun-07 23:01:46

i belive we're all quite sensitive to our immediate family, it;s just nature

SaintGeorge Sat 23-Jun-07 23:05:54

What WWB said.

It is a natural ability that is normally outgrown. The more open and understanding you are about it (and any similiar experiences) the more chance there is that it will grow and stick around. No guarantees though, few people carry it to adulthood, although many rediscover it later.

JodieG1 Sat 23-Jun-07 23:09:03

Fscinating. Are there ways to develop this if you aren't naturally able to do it?

southeastastra Sat 23-Jun-07 23:09:18

i wish i was attuned to things, i find i'm getttng more sceptic

SaintGeorge Sat 23-Jun-07 23:10:39

Meditation is always a good start.

binkleandflip Sat 23-Jun-07 23:12:37

I think you are generally attuned to close family members. Remember for all those instances, those minutes these telepathic incidents occurred in , there have been several thousand minutes with no telepathic coincidences and so perhaps they are just coincidences of close individuals sharing the same thoughts. I'm not exactly sceptical, but I'm not so sure there is anything mystical about very occasionally having the same thought as someone else at the same time.

melsy Sat 23-Jun-07 23:14:03

IKWYM southeast , and Im aware of separating normal intuition with other abilities, this feels another level up from intuitive natural things. Its not been a sort of random general thing though, shes picking specific content at random iykwim. I cant seem to explain it.

and yes wwb, I believe we all do carry these abilities as children and then material physical world becomes the mainstay as we grow older. I have a connection to the subtle side I suppose.

Im more anxious I suppose as she is starting a faith school in Sept and this is frowned upon in a way. Im having a quandary about that too , as its part of my heritage and culture that Ive been born into , but Im leaning towards different areas of life now.

Im very conscious of not imparting a specific direction into her , I wish for her to find her own way , but I suppose she will bound to be influenced by her surroundings both at home with my interests (she requested her own crystal collection!)and at a school, (which will be quite formal religious angle).

EEEEEEEEEEEEk now getting into sensitive area and near to , "should have been under sudonim territory", encase Im spotted).

melsy Sat 23-Jun-07 23:23:46

ahhh I posted that and theres Stg, was hoping you would be around.

Thinking I may need some new reading material for this.

JodieG1 Sat 23-Jun-07 23:25:43

How would meditation help? I'm fairly new to this and don't really get it fully.

SaintGeorge Sat 23-Jun-07 23:25:56

I will rake through my book shelf and see if I can come up with any titles for you.

SaintGeorge Sat 23-Jun-07 23:27:21

Meditation can help to open up your mind. You can become more aware of your regular senses (smell, touch etc) and then expand that awareness into your 'spiritual' senses as well.

melsy Sat 23-Jun-07 23:28:57

great thank you StG x

Jodie , meditation will help you tune out of the physical and tune into more sublte side of life. I use music to help and rythmic deep breathing. Everyone finds there own style and ways to be comfortable with it. It takes practise.

StG will probably explain it better and more appropriately than me.

melsy Sat 23-Jun-07 23:29:42

and there u go lol !

melsy Sat 23-Jun-07 23:30:36

*thier own

melsy Sat 23-Jun-07 23:33:12

OH goodness me lol -------------- *their

body says bed !!!

JodieG1 Sat 23-Jun-07 23:33:29

Thank you, do you have any tips or advice on meditating? I've read about it before and have tried it but haven't had much success as of yet. I usually end up falling asleep, I guess as I'm always tired but hopefully dd2 will sleep through at some point and I won't be as tired!

SaintGeorge Sat 23-Jun-07 23:34:03

Go sleep woman

SaintGeorge Sat 23-Jun-07 23:35:11

That was to melsy

Drop me an email Jodie and I will send you a Word document with some tips on meditation.

antlxstew at yahoo dot co dot uk

melsy Sat 23-Jun-07 23:35:35

ALL of us lol

JodieG1 Sat 23-Jun-07 23:41:20

Thanks, have just emailed you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now