Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good version of the King James bible for kindle?

(8 Posts)
KatyMac Wed 16-May-18 10:07:49

I don't mind paying but some appear to be just scanned pages and if possible I'd like one where you can. Go to a verse/chapter

Def don't want modern english

Thanks

KatyMac Wed 16-May-18 19:56:17

bump

thegreenheartofmanyroundabouts Thu 17-May-18 07:52:05

There are a number of versions on amazon for kindle. I don't use the KJV that much so I can't really recommend one. As a translation it is poetic but very much of its time.

Online I use the Biblegateway as it allows me to find a passage and compare translations and languages. Comparing KJV with Wycliffe's is fascinating as you can see where some of the bits we think of as KJV came from.

KatyMac Thu 17-May-18 17:28:27

DH has been reading kj all his life and at nearly 66 i can't see him swopping

but that sounds interesting the greenheart - i might have a look at that

Jaytee38 Thu 17-May-18 21:22:30

Joel Beeke does a kindle KJV. It's out of order right now. I've seen the paper version and it's good.

KatyMac Thu 17-May-18 21:51:29

Thanks - I'll put it on my wishlist

His paper copy is collapsing but he won't replace it - this would be to take with him when he goes away to protect the paper one

Jaytee38 Wed 23-May-18 00:52:40

Was just looking again and there's this one. I like Holman as a make. Plus a sale on it and reviews are good.
It does look at first like it's a book but there's both book and kindle

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HV42TK2/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?keywords=kjv+bible+kindle&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1527032946&sr=8-17

KatyMac Wed 23-May-18 08:46:09

I bought him this initially and although clunky he seems fairly happy with it

I'd have liked one where you can put a reference in and they find it - with this it's menu, book, chapter them manually search whihc is OK but clunky as I said

Thanks for that I'll have a look at it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: