Talk

Advanced search

Nativity story for 3 year old

(5 Posts)
Mammacino Sun 03-Dec-17 07:43:39

Can anyone recommend a picture book retelling of the Christmas story for 3 year olds? We have a children's bible but it is strangely phrased and maybe a bit complicated too.

Purpleprickles Sun 03-Dec-17 08:03:43

The Usborne Touchy Feely Nativity is really simple, maybe too much for some 3 year olds. However I did use it with my nursery class as an introduction to the nativity before we did our Christmas performance.

Mammacino Mon 04-Dec-17 17:01:12

Thank you! I'll have a look. Simple might be okay...

Buxbaum Tue 05-Dec-17 22:17:55

The Usborne lift-the-flap board book is excellent, Jesus’s Christmas Party is absolutely lovely as a slightly alternative perspective - DD loved it aged 3 last year.

FellOutOfBed2wice Thu 07-Dec-17 07:40:00

This is an oldie (our copy was mine as a kid) but seemed to clearly illustrate the story for my 3y 5m old www.worldofbooks.com/the-first-christmas-by-lynne-bradbury-gor001293265.html?keyword=&gclid=CjwKCAiAx57RBRBkEiwA8yZdUAI-ULVB5XDUn9QSmtk0FjGNTZ_gW6KpqQGDU3qD0HMUCzzust_0AxoCqdwQAvD_BwE

We also have the Happyland nativity set and she’s been enjoying acting it out with those as I read it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now