Talk

Advanced search

Church weekend away

(13 Posts)
Caulk Mon 30-Oct-17 13:36:24

Okay hive mind, where do you recommend? Within 90mins drive of Birmingham please. Clovelly Hall are full.

NannyR Mon 30-Oct-17 13:39:10

We had one this weekend at The Hayes Christian conference centre in Derbyshire, near Alfreton. It was a very nice place, second time we've been there.

Caulk Mon 30-Oct-17 13:39:57

Amazing, hadn’t heard of that. Thank you.

High Leigh. It is big and you usually have to share with other groups but I've always found them to be excellent.

Caulk Mon 30-Oct-17 16:14:24

Thanks, I wondered about there. They’ve always had the place to themselves so the idea of sharing may take a bit of persuasion!

ParadiseCity Mon 30-Oct-17 16:15:46

How far are you from Gloucestershire? Noticed a Christian place in the forest of Dean - no idea what it's like but a really lovely part of the world.

NannyR Mon 30-Oct-17 16:20:34

The Hayes is quite big - we were sharing with another group but it wasn't any problem. We had our own dining room and conference room and rooms for children's workshops - we only met the other group at coffee breaks.

Caulk Mon 30-Oct-17 16:20:55

Forest of Dean would be do able. Do you know what it was called?

High Leigh do separate groups. We are small group of 20ish and use the conservatory as our dining room. Coffee times are staggered so you only meet other groups if there is a fire alarm at night!

Caulk Mon 30-Oct-17 16:57:47

Great. I realised I did know The Hayes, I just know if as Swanwick! I’ll take these suggestions to our meeting.

ParadiseCity Mon 30-Oct-17 22:11:30

Aha, found it. It is called Lindors, I only drove past their drive and sign board but thought what a nice place it is in.

Caulk Mon 30-Oct-17 22:22:38

Thanks. I’ve heard of others in the chain but not that one.

Potcallingkettle Mon 30-Oct-17 22:25:25

Willersley Castle near Matlock if your group isn’t too big. As an added bonus, there is a pool!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now