Talk

Advanced search

Thanksgiving for marriage?

(5 Posts)
bootygirl Fri 17-Mar-17 23:17:05

I have started attending a Anglican Church for a yr now which has had such a positive affect on my life. I had preciously not attended church for a few years.
DH & I were married in a RC church. We renewed our vows in an RC church on our tenth anniversary. We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary & I d really like to renew them as it's important to me.

Would it be appropriate to ask our reverend about a service of thanksgiving for marriage?
Has anyone any experience of this service?

Yes I've done one of these but it was part of the Sunday service. We used the recommitment of vows section which from memory I think we did after the peace and before communion. It was lovely.

What I haven't done is a separate service as the rector I worked with in my last parish didn't like doing them when they were reruns of a wedding.

bootygirl Sat 18-Mar-17 11:46:29

thegreen

When we renewed our vows before it was during the weekday service. I actually don't want a big fuss, so I would nt mind doing it the way you did.

Go and talk to your vicar about it. The nervousness about these services by som vicars is that it can becomes another wedding in all but name. On the other hand I've got one booked for later in the year which is very low key and is a celebration that the couple have got through a rough few years.

bootygirl Sat 18-Mar-17 20:55:54

I just want a little blessing no fuss or dresses or anything. I d be happy to do it with just me DH & our 2ds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now