Talk

Advanced search

I went back to church today

(5 Posts)
BabbleLands Sun 05-Mar-17 16:12:08

I feel revitalised. Small village church, communion service. Was welcomed with such friendliness although I'm such a prodigal!

I felt quite anxious though, as have lapsed for so long. It made me realise what a challenge and how off putting it must be for people who have never been to church at all.

I realised it was the first Sunday in lent (coincidence) blush

The lovely lady vicar was talking about clutter and how we gave so much being rich with things but poor spiritually, which really struck a chord with me as I'm in the midst of a major declutter at the moment trying to downsize and become more minimal.

BabbleLands Sun 05-Mar-17 16:12:33

*have

LunaLambBhuna Sun 05-Mar-17 19:14:08

This is a lovely post. So happy for you.

Feeling pretty good myself. Went to the Rite of Election at a beautiful cathedral yesterday in preparation for my confirmation at Easter.

It's a wonderful feeling.

BabbleLands Mon 06-Mar-17 11:31:16

Thanks Luna smile it's amazing what a bit of spiritual refreshment can do in an otherwise very materialistic world isn't it?

EddSimcox Wed 08-Mar-17 22:29:13

I know how you feel OP. When I went back to church 2 years ago, it was after 27 years away. The feeling was AMAZING.

It was some kind MNers mainly who got me there. I'm still thanking God for them daily! (you know who you are...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now