Talk

Advanced search

Orthodox Christianity in the UK?

(6 Posts)
Traddkru Sat 31-Dec-16 00:14:44

We are a family of 4 (soon to be 5) moving from Russia to London. I was wondering what the presence of Orthodoxy is like in the UK?

There are very few Orthodox churches in the UK but if you are moving to London you are in luck as there is a Russian Orthodox Church and details are here www.rocor.org.uk/

There are also Greek Orthodox and British Orthodox (offshott of the Coptic Orthodox Church)churches in the capital.

If these are too far away from where you are living then it is worth trying some local churches. Many Orthodox end up worshipping in Roman Catholic Churches or in C of E churches that are in the catholic tradition.

Good luck with the move.

niminypiminy Sat 31-Dec-16 08:57:08

Where I am there are Romanian and Syrian orthodox churches that share space in Church of England churches, usually worshipping on Saturday rather than Sunday. There may be more that I don't know about.

iwanttobemissmarple Tue 03-Jan-17 12:47:39

There are numerous Greek Orthodox churches in the U.K. especially in the London area.

iwanttobemissmarple Tue 03-Jan-17 12:48:58

www.thyateira.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=84&Itemid=85

geekyboo Tue 07-Mar-17 10:00:21

If im.correct, i believe there is a russian orthodox.church in chiswick. Which is in west london, zone 2/3. They were very charitable when i was working with another church there, and their building is beautiful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now