Synchronicity - anyone experienced it?

(7 Posts)
weresquirrel Tue 15-Nov-16 18:30:29

From Wikipedia - "Synchronicity is a concept, first explained by psychoanalyst Carl Jung, which holds that events are "meaningful coincidences" if they occur with no causal relationship yet seem to be meaningfully related."

For example, thinking or dreaming about someone you haven't seen in years and then they randomly get in contact very soon after (an acausal connection).

Elphame Wed 16-Nov-16 13:17:53

Yes all the time!

weresquirrel Wed 16-Nov-16 17:30:31

Elphame. Need more details! I love these kind of stories!

Elphame Wed 16-Nov-16 17:47:36

Nothing very exciting I'm afraid.

Quite often a name from the past will pop into my head and I'll get a call from them later in the day.

I needed a trip abroad last year but had no time to take it - I'd been putting it off for years as I didn't have the holiday. Anyway I found myself on gardening leave which allowed me the time to travel (and just in time too - the person I needed to see passed on a few months later).

Objects frequently come into my life just after I realise I need them

As I said all the usual dull stuff.

Mindtrope Thu 17-Nov-16 06:50:24

Yes, I get this a lot.

Rockpebblestone Thu 17-Nov-16 16:01:38

DH and I are often on the same 'wavelength'. I'll think something, quite randomly/spontaneously and he'll speak about what I was thinking, often using the same words. (It feels like somehow my thought have 'leaked' blush )

I also sometimes get a vague feeling that something is not quite right about plans someone is trying to make and want to try to dissuade them, for reasons I cannot quite verbalise. It is like I just cannot imagine the event. Then the event cannot go ahead for totally unforeseen and unforeseeable reasons.

dollyollymolly Sun 04-Dec-16 12:12:50

Yes, all the time.

At the start of something, I often 'hear' a comment. When a friend started seeing a new man, I heard the comment, "Here comes trouble". Unfortunately, for her he is a drinker and a gambler and not a particularly nice person.

I can also sense when something is off or someone is lying to me. I don't necessarily know the truth or the answer.

I never tell people as they would think I am crackers but I am usually pretty spot on with things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now