Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a Bible for me please...?

(15 Posts)
selly24 Mon 25-Jul-16 00:15:32

Looking to buy a lovely bible. With notes/ life application if possible. Not sure on all the different editions/formats. Can anyone recommend?
TIA

Happydappy99 Mon 25-Jul-16 00:17:08

I have the new ESV Study Bible and I love it. The footnotes and the introductions really help me to understand the passages better.

OrlandaFuriosa Mon 25-Jul-16 00:37:46

I don't know if you are going to a hotel soon, but screen shot the beginning and end of the Gideon bible. Lots if brilliant references for life.

Lessstressedhemum Mon 25-Jul-16 09:53:19

TNIV Life application bible.

Lumpylumperson Mon 25-Jul-16 09:59:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MelitaInLondon Mon 25-Jul-16 11:38:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BillieMax Mon 25-Jul-16 12:08:28

MelitaInLondon Mon 25-Jul-16 12:53:20

Lumpylumperson Mon 25-Jul-16 20:22:14

There appears to be all sorts of journaling bibles around which are on decent quality paper with room for notes. I'm tempted to get on myself. If you want to combine journaling that with notes it looks as if there is a more limited selection. The ones I found were for the NIV and ESV translations although there may be more out there. It isn't in a pretty format but one of the most interesting translations of recent years is the Nick King translation of the NT which has his comments about the translation and contest and challenge of the text as well as the text itself. If you google it I'm sure you will find a supplier . I'm loathe to link as that seems to be a way to get a post deleted by MNHQ today.

Lumpylumperson Mon 25-Jul-16 22:13:26

Lumpylumperson Tue 26-Jul-16 09:42:32

DefinitelyOdd Sun 31-Jul-16 18:40:57

I have the life application study bible. I find it really good at allowing more depth and understanding from the verses. But it is also heavy and can be distracting.

selly24 Mon 01-Aug-16 06:35:00

Hi! Which do you have please DefinitelyOdd?

DefinitelyOdd Mon 01-Aug-16 08:04:56

Its the NIV life application study bible. Its hard cover and red. I got it off amazon a few years back but can't find the link at the moment as I am on my phone.

I seem to think the publisher is Kingsway or something very similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now