Talk

Advanced search

Any Catholics that can help?

(4 Posts)
hankmarv Sun 03-Apr-16 09:07:24

I will become a godmother today and need to ask a few questions. I know my role as god mother and know what I need to do today but have started to getting worried.
When everyone goes to the priest for communion could I also go there or stay seated? I haven't been to confession for a few years.
How on earth do you keep children entertained for a hour and half service? I usually go alone but the Baptism is straight after the service so we need to be there the whole time.

OrlandaFuriosa Sun 03-Apr-16 09:17:56

Not a catholic but keeping children entertained, depends on age but pens and papers, a few silent toys, eg farm animals, fuzzy felt, sewing cards, an easyish jigsaw, normally does the biz. They can stand up and join in the hymns, even if only going lalala, listen to the Gospel.

TheFallenMadonna Sun 03-Apr-16 09:24:47

Do you want to take communion? If you do, then do. If you don't, then you could either stay seated, or go for a blessing, hands down, head bowed to show that's what you want. Colouring books etc for childre, or there may be an area for them, or a children's liturgy if they are comfortable going out. Is the baptism not part of the mass then?

hankmarv Sun 03-Apr-16 11:11:04

Thanks for replies. I wasn't sure if you didn't attend mass regularly or haven't been to confession you should/ shouldn't take the communion.
My ds loves colouring so that should help with keeping him occupied.
No I was told the mass is first and the Baptism is straight after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now