40 acts - is anyone else doing this?

(11 Posts)
booksrock Tue 23-Feb-16 10:20:06

I am trying to complete the 40 acts this lent - is anyone else taking part? How easy are you finding it?

sunnyspot Tue 23-Feb-16 17:30:55

I'm really trying books rock but not easy. Only managing Green level !
I think the principle of doing 40 acts of charity rather than giving something up is better,hence my efforts.
How are you getting on?

Lessstressedhemum Tue 23-Feb-16 18:04:31

I am trying. I only ever manage the green level, but that's better than nothing. I do it every year as I think service is a pillar of Lent and the 40 Acts gives it a focus. How are you getting on with it?

EdithSimcox Tue 23-Feb-16 18:30:06

I am. But sometimes on the wrong days. I haven't managed the chocolate today, but will tomorrow... A few I've done red or amber but mostly green. Do you think it matters which day you do what?

LadyMaryofDownt0n Tue 23-Feb-16 23:12:14

Oh this sounds good, could you explain it to me please. I'd like to try

EdithSimcox Wed 24-Feb-16 08:26:41

Hi LadyMary. It's all here. 40 Acts
There's a daily email if you sign up.

Lessstressedhemum Wed 24-Feb-16 11:23:58

I don't think it matters which day you do the acts on, Edith. I think it's more the spirit if things. I actually don't even think it's that important to do the prescribed act as !long as you do something which is giving of yourselves more than usual.

LadyMaryofDownt0n Wed 24-Feb-16 12:07:34

Oh that's great thanks smile

icklekid Wed 24-Feb-16 12:09:28

Yes I'm doing it best I can when signed off work /struggling with a toddler!

booksrock Wed 24-Feb-16 17:33:53

Glad I'm not the only one, some of it is harder then others and I am improvising. I had to make cakes for school bake sale so made some extra for work. As I'm not a great baker I'm not sure if that's actually nice or not :-)

EdithSimcox Wed 24-Feb-16 21:44:30

Haha booksrock! I forgot to buy chocolate. Again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now