Talk

Advanced search

Chrislam

(4 Posts)
BeeMyBaby Sat 05-Dec-15 17:21:09

I feel as if I am trapped between Christianity and Islam and cannot say I am one or the other. I was raised Christian RC, but then met my DH who is Muslim and we are bringing our daughters up Muslim so obviously we read quranic versions of prophet stories to the children rather than biblical versions. Basically I no longer believe that Jesus was the son of God but was a prophet, so I think that means that I am no longer Christian, but I also don't believe in Muhammed- if being a Muslim was simply believing in the Quran, I think that would be where I'm at, but it's also in believing the hadiths and in Muhammed which I find harder to do. No idea if this makes sense to anyone, I was just wondering if anyone else has been trapped in this limbo and if they managed to move past it? DH hasn't pushed me in anyway and simply asked me to stop eating pork/alcohol when we met, neither of which was a big loss for me.

UmmSHI Wed 23-Dec-15 15:04:21

Hello
What is it about the hadiths that you find difficult?

BigDorrit Wed 23-Dec-15 17:56:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

originalmavis Wed 23-Dec-15 18:01:49

Maybe you are neither, or something else? Why are you bringing up your children as Muslim?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now