Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Peace songs

(11 Posts)
fruitscone Thu 26-Nov-15 17:29:48

I wonder if anyone has any ideas...

I am looking for songs with a peace theme, preferably known and catchy for use at an interfaith 'prayers for peace', so could well be from other religions / countries. I am - thickly - drawing a complete blank at the moment.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

BackforGood Thu 26-Nov-15 23:06:56

Peace Perfect Peace
Peace is Flowing like a River
John Lennon - Imagine
a list of '10 of the best'

BitOutOfPractice Thu 26-Nov-15 23:08:48

We were just discussing over dinner tonight the kind of songs we sang as kids at school like The Ink is Black, the Page is White. Very old fashioned now but made an impression on me

niminypiminy Thu 26-Nov-15 23:14:39

Make me a channel of your peace?

cheapskatemum Fri 27-Nov-15 22:41:55

I love that one, niminy thanks for reminding me of it! All I can think of atm is "Give Peace A Chance", I think it's by John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band.

JasperDamerel Fri 27-Nov-15 22:51:48

The Finlandia hymn is absolutely lovely. Here are the lyrics:
prometheusli.com/musings/a_song_of_peace.htm

JasperDamerel Fri 27-Nov-15 22:57:21

And here it is being sung:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDXNHPeRB0k

fruitscone Sat 28-Nov-15 18:46:52

Thank you for all these suggestions. They are all lovely. I love Make me a channel of your peace. And wow the Finlandia hymn is just gorgeous. Thanks again everyone.

shatteredstudentmum Sat 28-Nov-15 18:53:30

"Down by the riverside" is one we used to sing when I was younger, and "Family of Man".

PinPon Sat 28-Nov-15 19:06:26

Lean on Me? Has peace related sentiment and is well known.

fruitscone Sat 28-Nov-15 19:23:15

Like the late entries too - very good peacewise and more suited to interfaith. THank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now