Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone pray for people they see on the news every day

(6 Posts)
JeffsanArsehole Thu 05-Nov-15 19:49:46

Make a list and just pray for them?

niminypiminy Fri 06-Nov-15 08:52:47

I often read the news before I pray and then pray for the situations that have been in the news. From time to time I get a newspaper and pray through as I read.

Seriouslyffs Fri 06-Nov-15 08:58:49

Yep. Not as much as I do random people usually when I've had an uncharitable thoughtblush
I try and spend time on prayer rather than energy iyswim. So rather than a specific list it's very much favour energy, clarity and mainly that Gods will be done.

AnnaMarlowe Fri 06-Nov-15 08:59:09

Of course. I would assume that most people of faith do.

Fink Mon 09-Nov-15 13:54:57

I quite often pray for people on the news caught up in bad news stories: perpetrators, victims, natural disaster sufferers etc.

I hardly ever pray (in terms of named people) for e.g. government ministers, although with dd before bed I would pray for 'the government' reasonably regularly, it's not really the sort of prayer that needs to get overly detailed. We went through a few weeks of praying for Teresa May last year after dd sent her a letter about welcoming Syrian and Iraqi refugees (probably the only time in my life I've been ahead of the curve) and we were waiting for the reply. Or I might pray for them if directly involved, e.g. I'd been on a protest aimed at sending a message to a minister.

But apart from that I never pray for people in the news, like celebrities or the royal family or that kind of thing.

springydaffs Fri 20-Nov-15 20:07:04

Make a list? No, don't make a list or it would get like Bruce Almighty's list in a nanosecond.

Of course I pray for people who are in trouble. Natural innit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now